2001 100 Series Center Console Armrest Hinge replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Picked up my 1st Cruiser today - super clean example and excited to get on the road! - only 2 things wrong with it that I have noticed so far - the Center console arm rest hinge is broken the so the 'lid' is not in use and in the trunk... - the inner lid with cupholders and tray is fine and latching down but looks like I need to replace the main hinge - can clearly see its broken where it screws on the lid - I had a search in the forums and could see a few folk asking about any tips in replacing the actual hinge but couldn't see any answers - (apologies in advance if i missed it) - any tips gratefully received!

Interested to know if parts are even available to repair or is used only option...

Disclaimer - I googled these - no affiliation, have heard mixed reviews on Mud, these images are for visual use only for confirmation NA vs Europe.

I will also mention I have console boxes here upper and lower with pad if required...

I finally got a hinge and did mine… both arms of the hinge that screw into the lid snapped off.

IMG_2809.jpeg

Last edited:
This is how if anyone needs a description.
Tools: 10mm socket, phillips screwdriver, trim removal tool.

1. Remove knob of high range/low range shifter and pry up centre panel trim starting at the cup holders (pull up on the sides at the same time.
Be careful to disconnect cables from back of all switches before pulling away.

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

2. Down each side of the centre console there are 4 screws that can be accessed by sliding the front seats back and forth. You may need to press down on the seat cushion as well.

IMG_2816.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg

IMG_2807.jpeg

Last edited:
3. At the rear of the centre console, lower the rear cabin cup holders to access 4 screws.
Remove and pry the back off.

IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2802.jpeg

Last edited:
4. Inside the centre console at the very bottom are 4x 10mm bolts holding it down. Remove and you will be able to lift the console out as you pull if rearwards.

IMG_2805.jpeg

Last edited:
5. Take the lid off the console by removing 4 screws under the secondary lid, and then the hinge come out by removing 6 other screws. It’s pretty obvious once you have the console out.

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

Last edited:
And then discover just how manky it is with 20 years worth of trips with the family around the country! I found coins in there dated 1982! Clean up and reverse the order to put back together.

IMG_2800.jpeg

Anyone have a fix a broken cup holder mount inside that top lid. The tab on mine broke and now it just flops. Duct tape is seemingly working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom