2000LC Cat shield Vibration ??

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by rtyson, Jul 5, 2005.

1. rtyson

rtyson

:eek:
    Hello All, I've been reading many posts at this forum. I think its very informative and just darn interesting and pleasurable to read. I have a 2000
    LC with 74Kmiles on it. I purchased it last year in Nov for $25K (61Kmiles) which also included a 100Kmile limited warranty/Certified Vehicle. The truck was and still is in excellent condition.

My question pertains to the vibration noise supposedly coming from the shields on the catalytic converter. I viewed the pic showing the fix for this vibration
    problem but after crawling under my truck I do not see these heat shields where
    the high-temp liquid gasket material would be placed. I do not see these shields
    running along side the cat, I checked both sides. But the vibration which is only
    present when accelerating from stop is quite evident.

Has anyone made this same fix on a 2000LC, I noticed that 1999LC was actually
    shown for this fix.

Rick
    InMissouri

2. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

I do not think they changed the exhaust so either someone has taken them off OR you are looking at the wrong thing. Snap a pic and post it up.

3. rtyson

rtyson

Thanx for response, I will double check underside and possibly snap some pics for posting if I still can't find them.

InMissouri

4. rule303

rule303

The shields almost look like one single shield. Tap them and you'll hear the vibration. I put a large hose clamp(5" I think, maybe 7") around them and tightened it a bit and I no longer have any vibration.

5. rtyson

rtyson

Sorry I have not reposted yet, I have not had a chance to take a second look underneath my truck yet and possibly take some pices. Working out of town (MI) does not give me much time at home right now but I will get to it. Although I did have my wife take the truck in for service at the Toy
    dealer. Besides my routine service at 75Kmi the dealer was aware of the TSB-Heat Shield Vibration
    and called to inform me that it would be $250 to replace the heat shields. Is that the 'fix' they called out in the TSB, I should have asked him that but needless to say I told him no way.

InMissouri

6. rule303

rule303

Just clamp them and save the $250.

7. cruiserheadrat

cruiserheadrat

I had the same problem when the honeycomb on the interior of my right hand cat failed. I ended up replacing the cat. The OEM's are a bit pricey I went to an after market

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.