2000 VZJ95 Prado ABS, TRC and handbrake lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just purchased a VZJ95 Prado with the 5VZ-FE V6 3.4L petrol motor. The main issue with the vehicle is the ABS, TRC and handbrake lights are on constantly. Brakes work as per normal (aside from obviously th e ABS dosnt work) and the speedo dosnt work either. I confirmed the brake lights work aswell.
The bloke i bought it off has fitted a new (or at least new looking) master cylinder/abs moudle/pump set up. He seemed unsure wether its a new or recon unit... or maybe he was reluctant to tell me, im not sure. On the drive home the engine light, cruise control light and O/D off light came on (O/D flashed). Airbag light is also on, but seperate problem, drivers pre tensioner.
So i scanned it on the OBD2 port with an Autel Maxisys, it would only read cruise control and engine ECU's, both had set a code for Vehicle Speed Sensor fault.
I tried the jumping pins E1 and TC on the OBD1 port but the ABS and TRC lights didnt flash, however the cruise control and engine lights did, they flashed code 42, confirming the Vehicle Speed Sensor fault.
My boss dug out his old Carman OBD1 scan tool and that managed to get into the ABS module, found a code 62 Right rear motor circuit open (i think it said open, cant remember if it did or not now). I figured this would relate to the solenoid in the ABS module but thought i would check the right rear speed sensor anyway just incase terminology was slightly different. Sensor checked out ok, has resistance and makes AC voltage when the wheel is spun.
I tried deleting the codes by pressing the brake pedal 8 times within 3 seconds, this makes the abs pump start whirring away but never deletes the code or turns off the light. So i figure that the solenoid for the right rear brake must have an electrical fault. So the only way i could think to confirm this was to plug the old unit back in (the bloke i bought it off left it in the boot) and see if anything reacts differently or if theres different codes in this module. Absolutely nothing changed, same code, same not flashing when you jump the obd1 pins etc etc. Just seems odd to me that 2 units would have exactly the same fault (and the unit currently fitted looks new).

So what im getting at (thanks if youre still reading this long boring post) is, does anyone have wiring diagrams for the abs system. I have found one on here but its really small and i cant make out the writing. Or does anyone have any experience/advice they would like to offer?
I'm a mechanic by trade but im just starting to get into auto electrics so i know a bit but far from a pro (hence the post haha)

Saw this on Autozone website repair guide. Did u try unplugging sensor at the actuator to clear codes?

IMG_7649.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom