2000 tacoma 4wheel drive! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so I put in a new clutch about 2 weeks ago and now my 4wheel drive is not working!! I can shift into 4-hi or 4-low but the hubs are not locking!! I checked the fuse under the dash and some of the wires by the tranny. has this ever happend to anyone eles here? could someone tell me wich wire that has to do with the transfer case and the 4-weel drive. what eles should I check?

can someone give me any ideas?

Does the 4x4 dash lite come on, when you shift it?

There is usually a connector going into the top of the tcase...Did you reconnect it after putting the tranny back in?

Seems like those would be the only reasons keeping the ADD from working, if it worked before you pulled the tranny.

I believe the ADD is all electrically activated, usually from a signal originated from the Tcase.

If you havent already, i would register on the TacomaTerritory boards...Lots of good info on the Tacos, once you sift through all the bullsh!tting that tends to water down the threads...:rolleyes:

www.ttora.com

ok so I foud out why the 4-wheel drive wasnt working. when I took the tranny out I must of pulled on a wire to hard and it came out of the connector. I made a temp fix for now. how do I repair the connocter? does it come a part or do I have to buy a new 1?

sorry.i'd like to help but can't concentrate looking at your avatar.if the wire just came loose out of the clip it should go back in & lock-however the lock may have broken out.some of the connectors are available at the dealer in a wire repair kit for the techs.if you can get one it will be easy enough to repair.or you might try a salvage yard to get the end off another rig-good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom