SOLD 2000 LX470 'SLEE OFFROAD' RIG - 168,000 mi. - Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
beige
For sale is my 2000 LX470 SLEE RIG! I purchased this vehicle in 2019 and it has been my daily driver since. Selling as I just don’t get in the high country enough, and don’t love it as my daily driver. The previous owner was my father-in-law, who purchased in 2010, so it has been in the family for that time, and well loved and cared for. I will be completely upfront with the good and the bad, as that is the only way to be. The truck is in great shape with regular maintenance and tasteful modifications.
Modifications were made by father-in-law with no expense spared.
In 2011 the stock truck was taken to Slee Offroad in Golden and had them complete the following install, with a price tag of $11,750. (have original paperwork)

Slee Front bumper
Slee Belly Skid Plate
Slee Intermediate Guard
Slee Front skid plate
Slee Rear bumper
Slee Slider Steps
14” light bar with remote switch
2.5” lift kit (torsion bar set, Slee drop diff kit, front & rear shocks, rear coil springs, etc.
AHC system professionally removed (removed accumulators, lines, pumps, etc.)
1” wheel spacers
New wheels Fuel Boost 18 x 9

It has been well taken care of with regular maintenance and quite a bit of recent investment to keep it going. Here is a list of work I have had done since I have owned it, (with records).

New Starter $740
New rear rotors & pads $460
New timing belt, water pump, therm, etc. @ 153,470 miles $2,647

New front wheel bearings $1,073
New spark plugs, etc. $680
New radiator $598

New CV axles $705
New rack & pinion & tires $2,475

Total major maintenance costs over my ownership $9,378

A few other items to note are as follows:

Factory paint was wearing, so father-in-law had truck professionally repainted. I am not sure of year, but it has been close to 10 years since painted. Photos show places where paint is chipping. Overall, paint looks great.

Lexus electronic key/ignition had issues; father-in-law had new ignition/elec. key professionally installed. (not be Lexus). There is only one electronic ignition key.

During the front wheel bearings replacement, the mechanic decided to inspect magnet on front diff. He found a chip of a spline tooth on the magnet. He recommended a complete new front diff. I took to get a second opinion as there was no nois
IMG_3067.jpg
e/vibration/grinding/etc. and the second mechanic looked at the chip and said not a big deal, possible it has been there for most of the life of the car. There is no noise etc. from the differential. It has been over a year and 5,000 miles since chip was found with no issues.

I was in a very slight accident on ice going about 4-5 mph. Damage was bending front license plate, and some paint scuffing over the driver rear fender. Very slight, but can be seen in the pictures.

Tires can rub fender in tight maneuvering, and front fenders are slightly misshapen by this, also seen in pictures.

Rig is in great shape and ready for the next owner. Drives great, road trip to PNW and back in 2020, offroad capabilities are amazing, (ophir pass, imogene pass, etc.)
I will try to answer any other questions, however I am not a knowledgeable cruiser/overlander.
Thanks for your interest and replies.

Asking $20,500 OBO
Travis
IMG_3067.jpg
IMG_3087.jpg
IMG_3064.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3101 (1).jpg

For sale is my 2000 LX470 SLEE RIG! I purchased this vehicle in 2019 and it has been my daily driver since. Selling as I just don’t get in the high country enough, and don’t love it as my daily driver. The previous owner was my father-in-law, who purchased in 2010, so it has been in the family for that time, and well loved and cared for. I will be completely upfront with the good and the bad, as that is the only way to be. The truck is in great shape with regular maintenance and tasteful modifications.
Modifications were made by father-in-law with no expense spared.
In 2011 the stock truck was taken to Slee Offroad in Golden and had them complete the following install, with a price tag of $11,750. (have original paperwork)

Slee Front bumper
Slee Belly Skid Plate
Slee Intermediate Guard
Slee Front skid plate
Slee Rear bumper
Slee Slider Steps
14” light bar with remote switch
2.5” lift kit (torsion bar set, Slee drop diff kit, front & rear shocks, rear coil springs, etc.
AHC system professionally removed (removed accumulators, lines, pumps, etc.)
1” wheel spacers
New wheels Fuel Boost 18 x 9

It has been well taken care of with regular maintenance and quite a bit of recent investment to keep it going. Here is a list of work I have had done since I have owned it, (with records).

New Starter $740
New rear rotors & pads $460
New timing belt, water pump, therm, etc. @ 153,470 miles $2,647

New front wheel bearings $1,073
New spark plugs, etc. $680
New radiator $598

New CV axles $705
New rack & pinion & tires $2,475

Total major maintenance costs over my ownership $9,378

A few other items to note are as follows:

Factory paint was wearing, so father-in-law had truck professionally repainted. I am not sure of year, but it has been close to 10 years since painted. Photos show places where paint is chipping. Overall, paint looks great.

Lexus electronic key/ignition had issues; father-in-law had new ignition/elec. key professionally installed. (not be Lexus). There is only one electronic ignition key.

During the front wheel bearings replacement, the mechanic decided to inspect magnet on front diff. He found a chip of a spline tooth on the magnet. He recommended a complete new front diff. I took to get a second opinion as there was no noisView attachment 3513176e/vibration/grinding/etc. and the second mechanic looked at the chip and said not a big deal, possible it has been there for most of the life of the car. There is no noise etc. from the differential. It has been over a year and 5,000 miles since chip was found with no issues.

I was in a very slight accident on ice going about 4-5 mph. Damage was bending front license plate, and some paint scuffing over the driver rear fender. Very slight, but can be seen in the pictures.

Tires can rub fender in tight maneuvering, and front fenders are slightly misshapen by this, also seen in pictures.

Rig is in great shape and ready for the next owner. Drives great, road trip to PNW and back in 2020, offroad capabilities are amazing, (ophir pass, imogene pass, etc.)
I will try to answer any other questions, however I am not a knowledgeable cruiser/overlander.
Thanks for your interest and replies.

Asking $20,500 OBO
Travis
View attachment 3513176View attachment 3513177View attachment 3513191View attachment 3513192
View attachment 3513174

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom