200 on the horizon... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the wife's R-Class is pooping out at 180,000 miles, it has been a good car (and my wife is HARD on cars) but we are disappointed, we were supposed to get 300,000 out of it. But our mechanic at AutoMedic here in town says, don't put any more money into it.

She was looking at getting a GL, which would have been OK with me, but I persuaded her to at least test drive a 200. She really loved it, my girls thought it was cool, so it looks like we're getting one! We will start looking for a CPO '17 once the new '19s start coming out this fall. I'm excited about it, it's going to be the wife's dd but it will be cool to have another beast in the stable!

Well the wife's R-Class is pooping out at 180,000 miles, it has been a good car (and my wife is HARD on cars) but we are disappointed, we were supposed to get 300,000 out of it. But our mechanic at AutoMedic here in town says, don't put any more money into it.

She was looking at getting a GL, which would have been OK with me, but I persuaded her to at least test drive a 200. She really loved it, my girls thought it was cool, so it looks like we're getting one! We will start looking for a CPO '17 once the new '19s start coming out this fall. I'm excited about it, it's going to be the wife's dd but it will be cool to have another beast in the stable!
You'll be glad you made the change. It might take a little getting used to not having to periodically have a loaner car, but you'll adapt! :hillbilly:

Right out of college, I worked at Blackwell Imports selling "foreign cars." People would constantly bring in their Mercedes for anything from "preventative maintenance" to absolutely bizarre problems. The problems may have occurred on a monthly basis, but at the same time, they'd tell you it was the best car they ever owned. I never understood that.

I've decided the sign of a good car is one that I work on because I want to, not because I have to......

Yeah, our guy at the shop says Mercedes sure ain't what they used to be, especially the diesels. He wholeheartedly approves of the 200. I have thought sometimes maybe I ought to see what I can get for my G, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. It has been good, the lockers didn't work when I got it (from having never been used before) but it was fixed for free under CPO warranty. I would hate to start having problems with that thing, so far it has been pretty bulletproof.

Last edited:
I would also look at LX. Just because their are 4x as many on the road and way better CPO warranty and not corolla/camry oil techs working on your 200 series.

Not new by any means, but my 200 is still for sale, and I’m getting a little anxious to sell it already...

Oh man you selling that? I have admired that rig, but unfortunately it's not for me, it's for the wife, and she won't want all the mods! And she wants a red one.

Good luck with the sale.

Not new by any means, but my 200 is still for sale, and I’m getting a little anxious to sell it already...

Simmer down. Publisher's Clearing House is TODAY. Now, my wife is out of town and I'm at work, so they will have to stop back by tomorrow...but I'll PM you after.

43172262204_c26e06112f_b.jpg

30020362448_1abb7390e0_h.jpg

Well here it is, it's a '17 demonstrator out of California, 4700 miles, condition As New, very satisfactory price. My wife first said she wanted the maroon/red color but then she started waffling. She thought about blue but they are really rare and don't come along very often. Then she said black, I says OK but who's paying for it?? Then she decides silver. But most silver LCs seem to have the black interior; but she decided she wanted brown. That is a relatively uncommon combination too so when this came along we jumped. The silver and brown looks really good. Really good. Our daughters (12 and 16) Approve. It is really nice to drive but not much resemblance to driving my 80!

I been teasing her a little. I said, hey your lift kit tires and bumpers will be here next week!, she says Oh Hell No. She won't let me take the running boards off or even the stock Dunlops. For now.

I have to say I am underwhelmed by the bumpers, those are two big honking pieces of plastic. I showed her some pics of the ARBs and she says well, maybe someday. I bet we will eventually have to do something.

We are hoping to see yall in Hot Springs in October. My wife just registered and got her own TLCA number. She wants to register herself as a driver at the Crawl and go on the newbie drive on Fri or Sat. We have reservations at Panther Valley and plan to have us, our two girls, and the two Cruisers there. We are looking forward to it!

43841836742_0ad072d661_h.jpg

So here is the extended family picture. I'm set for wheels for a while fellas! Looking forward to meeting you!

Best regards. the namsag family.

43172262204_c26e06112f_b.jpg

30020362448_1abb7390e0_h.jpg

Well here it is, it's a '17 demonstrator out of California, 4700 miles, condition As New, very satisfactory price. My wife first said she wanted the maroon/red color but then she started waffling. She thought about blue but they are really rare and don't come along very often. Then she said black, I says OK but who's paying for it?? Then she decides silver. But most silver LCs seem to have the black interior; but she decided she wanted brown. That is a relatively uncommon combination too so when this came along we jumped. The silver and brown looks really good. Really good. Our daughters (12 and 16) Approve. It is really nice to drive but not much resemblance to driving my 80!

I been teasing her a little. I said, hey your lift kit tires and bumpers will be here next week!, she says Oh Hell No. She won't let me take the running boards off or even the stock Dunlops. For now.

I have to say I am underwhelmed by the bumpers, those are two big honking pieces of plastic. I showed her some pics of the ARBs and she says well, maybe someday. I bet we will eventually have to do something.

We are hoping to see yall in Hot Springs in October. My wife just registered and got her own TLCA number. She wants to register herself as a driver at the Crawl and go on the newbie drive on Fri or Sat. We have reservations at Panther Valley and plan to have us, our two girls, and the two Cruisers there. We are looking forward to it!

43841836742_0ad072d661_h.jpg

So here is the extended family picture. I'm set for wheels for a while fellas! Looking forward to meeting you!

Best regards. the namsag family.

congrats and see Y'all at the Crawl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom