2 Quick Repairs of rear HP A/C Line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
#1 So I was working in South Texas when my A/C went. 90+ Fahrenheit. I located the dreaded pin-hole in rear high pressure line behind passenger front tire. I was on the road already and found a Wal-Mart and procured some R134. I had an assortment of tools with me... but nothing to patch the hole. But I did have some Quick set JB Weld. I removed a screw from the back of my tape measure, shortened it with a file and used it as a plug and sealed it with JB Weld. It held for the the entire 1200 mile journey home, and I had great A/C.

IMG_1568.jpg

Last edited:
Second Repair

#2... 2 months later the first repair still held but a second rupture occurred in the same area. I was all set to cut the lines to the rear, cap them and be done with the mess. I called AirSept for the compression caps. They suggested a compression union. Mike, gave me the Dorman part number 800-643, AirSept produces them. I picked one up for $21.00. I cut problem area out and spliced it together. Rear A/C is running great!

IMG_0001.jpg

Actualeyes, many Air Dusters (air in a can) for cleaning electronics contain R-134. You have those over there?

You're trusted to have something that can leak but not trusted to fix said leak? Makes perfect sense to me.

It'll be fine. What is the worst that could happen? Plus, adventure and experimentation is all the fun for me.

Last edited:
It'll be fine. What is the worst that could happen? Plus, adventure and experimentation is all the fun for me.

I was referring to the silliness of the Aussie R134a restriction: you're allowed to possess and use R134a in your vehicle but put that same stuff in a can an now you're going to destroy the world? Silly.

I was referring to the silliness of the Aussie R134a restriction: you're allowed to possess and use R134a in your vehicle but put that same stuff in a can an now you're going to destroy the world? Silly.

Now it makes much more sense.:doh::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom