1Up rack hitch measurement needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reddog90

SILVER Star
Threads
I am having a custom rear tire carrier made for my 60 and want to add a receiver hitch on one of the swingouts for a bike rack. I don't own a bike rack yet, but plan to get a 2" super duty single or double 1Up at some point. I am just trying to future proof this bumper and know that having the bikes swing away from the truck with the tire carrier would be a lot nicer than having to remove the bikes and rack to get into the back of the truck. The builder needs the distance from the end of the bike rack's hitch to the receiver pin hole. Can anyone provide this on their 1Up rack? Example pic from a hitch basket I have:

jI7vL5F.jpg

Thank you.

this is how far mine extends. it’s enough to get the rack on and the bikes past my tire but the rack sits up too high to open my swing out.
7AE2A39F-7756-4CE6-A0D5-F3FEC85F4CB9.jpeg

I confirmed the fitment drawings on 1Up's website are to scale and took some measurements in Bluebeam. Use at your own risk. I am having a 6" hitch added to a swingout which should extend past the face of the bumper about 4" and then I'll add the 7" extender from 1Up. This should get the bike clear of the license plate on the jerry can basket which is about 16" past the face of the bumper.

qOdQnMb.jpg

EoglNWp.jpg

gtwQVlU.jpg

yeah their customer support has been excellent to me too.

i think i may have misinterpreted your earlier question as well. i’ll get some measurements for you when i’m back home. just at work today but maybe this evening i can pull my rack out for you

Last edited:
sorry the tape is upside down. i needed my right hand to work my phone. anyway my hitch extension off the bumper face is 9 1/2 feet niches. the 1UP has a range of how deep it can go. it has a built in anti rattle device that you tighten down where you want it and then a locking cross pin goes through. part of your answer will depend on how close to the end of your hitch extension the hike will be. the 1Up starts at about 2 inches from the end and you can then slide it 5 inches more “if” your cross hole is 2inches from the end of the extension. as you can see here my basket sits 14 and niches off the bumper swing out. with the 9.5 inches plus another 4ish inches of length off the 1Up i get the hitch mount right about where the basket ends. that ends up getting my bike tray just far enough away from my tire that it doesn’t interfere with the bike.

that’s a long winded explanation but essentially if you can have your extension end about the length of the basket then there will be lots of room for the rack to clear the basket and tire

22396867-47A4-48C5-873D-6F557C1A17D4.jpeg

1F27A830-953E-4F1B-9BA5-50E52296B804.jpeg

1B460AB6-4AC3-43B4-9A2C-35C57DB1E61F.jpeg

hope that helps

Last edited:
Has the black finish held up OK? I think it looks better than silver, but haven't seen one in person and how it looks if/when it gets scratched.

they’ve been pretty good so far. i’ve only had it one year so far but i’ve been very happy with it. i figure i can always paint touch it up if i really need to.

here’s one more because i had my bike on it today. if i put the derailleur by the basket then there would be some i wanted contact but the way it sits there is no interference. i also have a fat bike that i put on it same way and no interference.
FE81B3F2-E23C-46FA-953E-68C310FB63B2.jpeg

My 1up bike rack does not even have a hole in it for a receiver hitch pin. Instead, the rack has a metal ball protruding in one corner of the section that's inserted into the hitch, and a hex screw on the end of the same section. You turn the screw, which extends the ball and locks the unit inside the hitch receiver.

mine has that too. the hole is just a security to put the lock pin through. it allows for some adjustment on the hitch tube

My 1up bike rack does not even have a hole in it for a receiver hitch pin. Instead, the rack has a metal ball protruding in one corner of the section that's inserted into the hitch, and a hex screw on the end of the same section. You turn the screw, which extends the ball and locks the unit inside the hitch receiver.

mine has that too. the hole is just a security to put the lock pin through. it allows for some adjustment on the hitch tube

If you guys were wanting to convert your 1ups to a crosspin for safety, you can swap out this part and it will make it have a locking hitch pin. Youll still have the adjustable ball to eliminate wobble. It basically turns a quickrack into a superduty. I did it to mine and confirm it works

mine has the cross pin slot but it’s only big enough for the locking safety pin seen in the photo. it’s not big enough to get a standard hitch pin through.

mine has the cross pin slot but it’s only big enough for the locking safety pin seen in the photo. it’s not big enough to get a standard hitch pin through.

Ah okay I gotcha. That part is like that too. I didn’t know if you had the quick rack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom