1st gen taco rear ended (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Got rear ended last Friday. Cracked frame, bend up and lifted bed, and relocated rear axle. Flat tire. Crushed exhaust, and other random body damage.

Yesterday i got the rear axle centered again after disassembling the spring pack and ratchet straping the axle into alignment.

Still waiting on the insurance people to decide something. Now, with the damage there id say the truck is totaled, but would it be worth it to weld the frame with plates and keep the truck? At this point, depending on payout, im leaning towards getting something different. Need a reliable DD.
This frame was fairly decent for the vintage, but still a little crusty.
I dont find myself wheeling at all really, so the trucks are really just for getting places these days.

New pickups are out of my price range for what they are.

Should i even consider keeping and fixing? Particularly when i dont have time. At 300k on the odo, im thinking its time.

20221216_171452.jpg

20221216_193126.jpg

20221216_193156.jpg

20221216_193152.jpg

20221219_150550.jpg

Oof. No injuries?

100% that's a total loss.
AND 100% the insurance company will try to pork you hard because it's just some old truck.

Sorry to hear this. Glad you came out ok. That's how a friend lost his Taco - rear ended by someone asleep at the switch (not paying attention).

Depending on the amount of rust and frame misalignment, you might want to check out this product. Check out the Tacoma section.

Sorry to hear this. Glad you came out ok. That's how a friend lost his Taco - rear ended by someone asleep at the switch (not paying attention).

Depending on the amount of rust and frame misalignment, you might want to check out this product. Check out the Tacoma section.

I see a truggy build in the future!

Man that stinks.
I hope you are OK physically.
I would chain that frame and straighten it weld in some gussets on both sides and build it back. They are not going to give you anything for it anyway.

My boss is trying to get me to look at a 1994 diesel rhd hilux too. Wonder if its that same place.
Not sure but he has rebuilt lots and lots of Toyota trucks. It's kind of his specialty. If you are wanting to just buy it back and have them fix it he would be the guy to go to if not he might want it to fix it and flip it.

If you have not already.

Seek medical attention.
Seek legal council!

The truck is not a priority at the moment.... as much as your health and well being...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom