1PZ-75 Maintenance Part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I guess the question would be. Can a Hz injection pump be used on a PZ ?
Yes.... I realize the HZ is a 6 cylinder and the PZ is a 5 cylinder.

No. 1HZ pump will have 6 fuel line connections out the back plus the pump timing would just be off.

The dual mass clutch doesnt last long so a solid flywheel and clutch might be something too look into aswell.. mine took a dump at 130,000km

But they are easy to get from Exedy and they make a conversion to a single flywheel as well

Mines 24volt rosco.. its a jap import and has 350,000 on it (280 are mine ) ..... Just done injector pump but havent touched injectors yet... they are a very smooth running engine , its a shame they never made them for longer.

Yes ,so I hear. I was offered a low klm 1PZ out of wreck many years ago, complete from fan to flywheel for $2000. Always regretted not buying it. Would have been nice in a 40 series or maybe a BJ70 with a tired engine.

If you can find one, finding a used 1PZ injection pump for less than $500 and having it rebuilt and ready to go in your parts bin would save you a lot of headache in case yours ever goes out and it is not rebuildable. I don't know your situation so you may have a rebuilt unit already.

I had the one on my 1PZ go out not long after I got it. Took it to a local shop to have it rebuild only to be told it was toast due to the ACSD on it going out. Sent it to Japan and they blamed it on what they called "home brew" diesel. Their words, not mine and no I don't run "home brew" diesel or kerosene.

New injection pumps for the 1PZ can be anywhere from $4,000 USD on the online parts sites to over $7,000 at ENS Canada for the one unit they have. Don't belive me? Look it up for yourself. Ended up with a rebuilt unit from japan for not much less than $4,000 :(

1HZ injection pumps are much easier (and cheaper) to source, 1PZ injection pumps are not.

Did some searching for the 1PZ injection pump; I was able to find a couple used ones, but even those were several hundred dollars.
With the low mileage (51,000 KM) I have on my PZJ75; hopefully I won't have any problems for quite some time.

Did some searching for the 1PZ injection pump; I was able to find a couple used ones, but even those were several hundred dollars.
With the low mileage (51,000 KM) I have on my PZJ75; hopefully I won't have any problems for quite some time.

I doubt you will. Is the phillippines a market where the 1PZ was sold?

I doubt you will. Is the phillippines a market where the 1PZ was sold?
The vehicle was purchased by a local Fire Department in PI back in '93, but I am sure it was imported thru Japan. Occasionally you see Land Cruisers on the highway, but a lot are used by the Off Road groups.

You should get at least another 200000klms out of it. In any case the parts to rebuild it are usually available long after production ceases. The trick is to have them rebuilt before they are totally destroyed. Once the shaft bearings go, the vibration kills the other components.

Not sure how long the factory motor mounts can be expected to last in the Philippines heat that my PZJ experiences so I recently ordered a spare set of motor mounts.
I know the 1998 Jeep Cherokee that I owned for 21 years required me to replace the motor mounts within 4 years of purchasing the Jeep new, but I Rock Crawled with it a lot which transferred substantial torque to them.

Last edited:
This is not true, I purchased a 16571-17020 part and it is at least an inch short on both ends. The shape is identical however the ends are too short

Well, a good example of the difference between one design supplement number. In this case, the 3 instead of the 2. The correct number is 16572-17030. And that was my bad as I fat fingered it.

Well, a good example of the difference between one design supplement number. In this case, the 3 instead of the 2. The correct number is 16572-17030. And that was my bad as I fat fingered it.

QUOTE="beno, post: 12205458, member: 4146"]
16572-17030
[/QUOTE]
Ah, that's the bottom hose and not the top hose. The top hose ends with a '1' i.e 16571-xxxxx. The '20' at the end denotes the HZ engine and the 30 denotes the PZ engine.

Therefore 16571-17020 = HZ top hose
16572-17020 = HZ bottom hose

And 16571-17030 = PZ top hose
16572-17030 = PZ bottom hose

It looks bizarre since 3 normally follows 2, like HZ follows PZ, but in this case 2 follows 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom