1KZ-TE Throttle Body + TPS sensor delete. Anyone successfully done this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title says it all. With the EGR and butterfly removed from the throttle body, what purpose does the TPS and throttle body now serve?

Reason for wanting to remove is partly to simplify the engine by removing unnecessary electronics but primarily to create more room for a new top mount intercooler piping.

You will need further modifications to make this work, as the TPS is the sole signal the ECU requires to control the flow of fuel through the electronic controlled fuel pump. As you may have found, the throttle linkage is not directed to the fuel pump at all, it is directed to the butterfly valve but also the TPS (important).

Thanks for your response. Sounds like it's not worth touching, which is a bummer. I spoke to an auto electrician the other day and he confirmed that as well. He was saying the TPS also operates the auto transmission so yes, like you say it is important. The auto trans can be controlled by a standalone control box but that is getting in to the "too hard" category for me. I found this information that explains the purpose of the TPS for anyone interested...

1679867887075.png

You will need further modifications to make this work, as the TPS is the sole signal the ECU requires to control the flow of fuel through the electronic controlled fuel pump. As you may have found, the throttle linkage is not directed to the fuel pump at all, it is directed to the butterfly valve but also the TPS (important).
Hey Saevar, sorry to dig this thread up again. You seem to be the only person I can find that knows something about this. I've reached a point again where it would be VERY helpful to move/remove the throttle body and replace with a simple flange on the intake manifold, but somehow keep the TPS intact and operating. My throttle body has had the butterfly removed and EGR blocked and removed so as far as I can tell, the TB is only acting as a support bracket for the TPS? Is there some way I can seperate the TPS from the throttle body and attach it else where in the vicinity so it still functions and allows me to achieve my goal? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a thread outlining the custom intercooler I've built and am trying to squeeze in under the bonnet: https://www.reddit.com/r/1KZTE_Owners/s/C1HOTeMGvQ

Cheers 😎👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom