1kz-te sudden rpm drop power drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi. i currently own a kz78. i just noticed today that my rpm suddenly drops when i accelerate. i think its not a tach problem because i can feel sudden power loss. when i take my foot of the pedal and step on it again power resumes again. it feels like its running out of diesel when it happnes. i just replaced my fuel filter and fuel pump filter. im not sure what the culprit is.

My steering fluid reservoir is also leaking atf out of the cap. i just had my pump and cap replaced. there are bubbles when i opened the cap. .lines are also new. could the culprit be the reservoir? or does it have something to do with my gearbox? thanks. your help will much appreciated

Last edited:
Not sure about the kz specifically, but I know that on some diesels, you need to purge the air from the lines at the injectors, or you'll have air trapped in the lines after a filter change. This may be causing your lack of power. As for the power steering reservoir leaking out of the cap, my 1997 fzj80 does the same thing. I also have a rebuilt pump, new hoses. I haven't had bubbles in my reservoir though. Usually any emulsification (bubbles in fluid) is caused by the pump. Air in the system gets churned and broken into smaller pieces of air by the pump when it's trying to pump the fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom