Wanted 1HZ Power steering reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My power steering rez seems to be leaking. Checked and tightened all hoses and I'm still losing fluid and it's causing a mess under my hood.

If anyone has one for sale and could ship it to BC Canada i would appreciate it.

TIA

Might just be the lid, or even cracks in the return hose. Would check that first. I’ve seen a lot of return hoses that look tight, but cracks in the end lets that fluid find it’s way out.

Probably have new one on the shelf if you absolutely must go that direction

I'll have a better look but i replaced the lid already. The PS system was all installed after i bought the truck and new hoses were used so i dont think it is that either.

It does seem unlikely the rez would be leaking but at this point after tightening all the hose clamps and even replacing some with gear-type clamps i'm running out of ideas as to where my leak is coming from.

Seems like these will all leak eventually since the lids are crimped on. I assume you changed the cap and not the crimped on lid? Others have had their crimped lids brazed to eliminate the leak from the crimped lid. I think I'm almost at the point of having this done on my 1HDT.

Seems like these will all leak eventually since the lids are crimped on. I assume you changed the cap and not the crimped on lid? Others have had their crimped lids brazed to eliminate the leak from the crimped lid. I think I'm almost at the point of having this done on my 1HDT.
Call JB welding service, they do excellent work

vane.JPG

Yes, the cap! That is what i changed. Ok im happy to know im not going loony toons and some other guys have had lid leaking issues also. It really does seem like it is the lid as the whole outer rez gets covered with ps fluid over a duration. Its not super serious but im definitely adding fluid and its making a mess under my hood. Getting annoying.

It's a common problem that these leak between the container and the lid where they are pressed together.

I do keep them in stock locally.

~John

With some minor modifications to the bracket a 60 Series PS Rez will work. Am currently running like this while i get my 70 series one out to the shop to get brazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom