1HZ low oil pressure at idle and ticking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I have a Landcruiser hzj75 1hz troopcarrier 1992 with a considerable amount of km's on it. I'm only just learning about servicing and mechanics etc and recently the oil pressure gauge has caught my attention.

During idle when the engine is warm, (seen in the photo attached) the gauge outputs this oil pressure. this seems awfully low considering when its cold it idles at around the 1st line.

I wouldn't normally worry too much about this and just assume the gauge is either faulty or has a bad connection, but the engine makes a noticeable ticking noise during idle that goes away during higher revs. My assumption is that the oil pressure is too low to get oil up to the top for the valves. is there anyone here that has had a similar issue or knows what maybe causing this. Don't really have the money to reco the motor or replace it. Thanks everyone!

Also its running 15W-40

IMG_0772.jpg

I would run a thicker oil all year round. The oil pressure at idle is not really important it just needs some. You need to test the pressure at 2500rpm for 2 minutes (as painful it is to the ears) to get a true indication of oil pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom