1hz Injection Pump Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Danso/bosch VE Style fuel pump that I cant get fuel thru it. I have fuel to it. The solenoid clicks and works. The fuel just wont get past the pump. Shut off Valve is Good .

I am so puzzled, it is like it has a air lock.

I am all Ears and will listen to anything and any ideas.

Need help.

Thanks

Chris

Try feeding the pump via a fuel can and length of clear hose, try bypassing the filter. BTW. The screen mesh filter lives under the on/off solenoid.
Are you certain that all hoses and fittings going back from the IP to the tank are good.

Is fuel coming out of the return port when you crank the engine? Is your hand primer getting good pressure?
Why was the injection pump empty in the first place?

Try feeding the pump via a fuel can and length of clear hose, try bypassing the filter. BTW. The screen mesh filter lives under the on/off solenoid.
Are you certain that all hoses and fittings going back from the IP to the tank are

Is fuel coming out of the return port when you crank the engine? Is your hand primer getting good pressure?
Why was the injection pump empty in the first place?

The hand primer, all lines and fuel intake tube gets good pressure...the pump is full of fuel. The return line spurts fuel if you remove the hose. It just doesn't get fuel out of pump or build pressure to injectors when cranking. We have cranked for 2-3 minutes straight, we pulled glow plugs and cracked injector lines, not a drop. We removed the plunger from the solenoid and cranked again for 2-3 minutes. Not a drop.
Timing belt is good.

Seems like at this point we are just going to have to pull the pump out.

The only thing I can think of is the bypass valve is stuck open. This causes all the fuel to be sent back to the tank, thats why I asked if any fuel was coming from the return port. I havent seena Toyota pump do it but I saw a ZEXEL pump in a landrover (on youtube} do that because the bypass valve was stuck open due to wax and other fuel impurities. This caused the problem you are having.
Most of the fuel that gets to the pump is returned to the tank, as much as 75%. If the bypass is stuck open, it all goes back to the tank.
You need to consult the manual to check that, but I doubt you need to remove the pump from the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom