1HDT surging on cruise??? What could it be? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my HDJ81 on a 90 mile drive tonight. On the way back, it started to surge when on cruise. I wasn’t noticeably changing speed, but my boost gauge was all over. You could definitely feel the surge. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Is the ACSD removed?
Only ask because in hindsight mine did surge only on cruise.

Is the ACSD removed?
I honestly don’t know if it has been. I’ll look tonight.

Is the ACSD removed?
Finally got to look under the hood this morning, and it hasn’t been removed. It does, however, looks like it was replaced recently. I purchased the truck in June, and it had a lot of work done when it was imported. I’m still waiting on some of the paperwork, as to what all was done when imported.

I’m going to be looking for a delete kit and will remove it when possible.

If you have worries remove the fuel solenoid and the small filter. Check the filter for metal shavings.
Don't panic, I was going on a trip and pounded mine. Screen was full, had to keep the revs high to keep from stalling.
Parts were $80.00 & injectors were cleaned and tested.
The ACSD literally ground itself to death, mind you our winter temps in Timmins hit -40.
Don't go all OCD...check the screen.

Does anybody know were I can get a block off plate and o-ring? I have the part #’s, but can’t seem to locate any.

I have the block off kit in hand, but my front diff decided it should break. Once my axles are done, new turbo installed, exhaust fabbed up, etc...I’ll get it installed. I’m also going to be doing a compression test and replacing the glow plugs. Hopefully, the surging goes away.... won’t know what fixed it, but it will be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom