1HDT - Small ‘pops’ when shutting off motor? HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I just installed a brand new 3in stainless exhaust system. Power and efficiency is way up! Overall an amazing mod.

the one thing I have noticed is after a longer drive, Ill park and shut off the motor and I hear one or two small ‘pop’ noises while the motor shuts off. the sound seems to be coming from the front passenger side (LHD car). It definitely sounds like the it is in the exhaust, but not a typical backfire or anything like that. It could also be the new bigger pipes hitting something as the motor shakes to a stop.

any thoughts on what this could be?

When dealing with RHD, just refer to the left or the right side of the vehicle, eliminates the chance of confusion when using "driver or passenger" language.

Is this the kind of thing you'd be able to pick up in a video of a hot engine shut down?

As a starting point, I'd pull the intake off between the airbox and the turbo inlet, and check turbo impeller play, it could be getting worn out and you're hearing the impeller blades contacting the housing on shut down? I'm not sure what else you'd hear there unless your engine mounts are worn out allowing something else to contact as it shakes during shut down.

I just installed a brand new 3in stainless exhaust system. Power and efficiency is way up! Overall an amazing mod.

the one thing I have noticed is after a longer drive, Ill park and shut off the motor and I hear one or two small ‘pop’ noises while the motor shuts off. the sound seems to be coming from the front passenger side (LHD car). It definitely sounds like the it is in the exhaust, but not a typical backfire or anything like that. It could also be the new bigger pipes hitting something as the motor shakes to a stop.

any thoughts on what this could be?
Update... I believe it is for vibration. The pipe hitting the chassis. I’m going to try and adjust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom