1hdt oil filters $18.95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a shipment (to my door, FED EX) of 10 1hdt oil filters(Toyota 90915-30002) for my HDJ81. From Texas Toyota off of EBAY. The total cost per filter $18.95. Last time I checked Open Road Toyota wanted $52. These filters were $12.95 + shipping $24 for 1st filter and $4 for every other one. I saved $393 and it only took 4 days for shipping. Crazy........

Cheers
GM

Just got a shipment (to my door, FED EX) of 10 1hdt oil filters(Toyota 90915-30002) for my HDJ81. From Texas Toyota off of EBAY. The total cost per filter $18.95. Last time I checked Open Road Toyota wanted $52. These filters were $12.95 + shipping $24 for 1st filter and $4 for every other one. I saved $393 and it only took 4 days for shipping. Crazy........

Cheers
GM

Did they ship them to you via USPS? Or did you get dinged at the border....

Parts.com sells them for $10.

How's the quality like? Are they actual OEMs?

I picked up 12 toyota filters the last time I was in in states and they were 10.98 each much cheaper the 45 that I was paying at the dealership here.

10 bucks is the standard for em down in the us, I get them through Dan/Onur on mud for 10.20ish.... When I order parts that I need I always throw a few of each in as it saves just sending them alone. iirc fuel filters are 22 or so.

Wow, I can't believe it. They actually sell the OEM Nissan semi-bypass filter for my Safari and for only $15.00. < A bit more than what I paid from the wholesaler in the UK but I don't need to buy a minimum of 500 UK Pounds worth of parts plus shipping, brokerage and import fees>. The full flow filter filter is only $5.70. Thanks for the link.

Hey,

Is this the 1hdt oil filters (Toyota 90915-30002) you ordered from parts.com? Have you gotten them in yet? :D

parts_oil_filter.jpg

After attempting to order them (as a trial, to see what shipping would be) I discovered that parts.com will not accept any international orders, despite the fact that their account creation page has a drop-down for British Columbia, Canada. I got the customer service folks on the line and received this:

Parts.com Online Chat said:
[Andrew] I am a BC, Canada resident. Will parts.com accept my Canadian CC?
[Stacy] Unfortunately, at this time Parts.com is not offering international services. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be adding this feature soon. Parts.com cannot process credit cards that are outside the U.S. or have a billing address outside the U.S. If you have a friend or relative with a stateside address and stateside credit card, then we would like to assist you with all of your part needs. If not, then please look to us for your future part needs.
[Andrew] but in the account creation, it has a place to specify I am in Canada?
[Stacy] I apologize about the confusion. We have the countries available because we do ship to United States territories. We are working on updated the software to inlclude the territories without including other countries as well.
[Andrew] I see... so when will parts.com be able to ship to canada?
[Stacy] It is not normally our policy to ship to Canada, however, I will give you the information for the warehouse that would be shipping Toyota parts. They might be able to make an exception.
[Stacy] Please contact Chad Gurganus at our Toyota warehouse. He can be reached at 800-888-2292 x258 and should be able to further assist you with your inquiries. PLEASE NOTE: Many part specific questions require a Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN, to be answered appropriately. Please have this information ready when contacting the warehouse. This will help them to expedite your inquiry with speed and accuracy. Your VIN can be found on your insurance card, registration, driver’s side door jam, and top of dash on the driver’s side.
[Andrew] ok, thanks!
[Stacy] You're welcome!
[Stacy] Thank you for contacting Parts.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance. Please also take a moment to fill out our quick survey to allow us to further improve your future Parts.com visits! Have a wonderful day!

10 bucks is the standard for em down in the us, I get them through Dan/Onur on mud for 10.20ish.... When I order parts that I need I always throw a few of each in as it saves just sending them alone. iirc fuel filters are 22 or so.

This!!! Downside is you can only get them shipped to the US, so you have to have an address down there.

After attempting to order them (as a trial, to see what shipping would be) I discovered that parts.com will not accept any international orders, despite the fact that their account creation page has a drop-down for British Columbia, Canada. I got the customer service folks on the line and received this:

This!!! Downside is you can only get them shipped to the US, so you have to have an address down there.

Which makes it a tad bit more convenient for those of us living next to the border.

I ran into the same issue when looking for a 12V DC Converter for my CPAP machine. Canadian online retailers wanted $200 CAN. I found a Seattle based online retailer selling the same RESMED Converter for just of $80US. However RESMED, like probably Toyota, does not permit retailers to ship out of country. Easy, I just had it shipped to my mail box in Sumas. The same machine my insurance provider paid near $3000CAN sell down there for just over $1200US. It is no wonder some of us do some of our purchases in the US.

Sunrise Toyota in Abby is asking $65 for the same filter!:eek:

Un-freakin' real. And they wonder why Canadians go out of country to purchase automobiles. :meh:

Un-freakin' real. And they wonder why Canadians go out of country to purchase automobiles. :meh:

Not really much of an issue yet for them and other retailers otherwise their prices would be much lower. But they know the majority of sheep who darken their stalls will just pay what they ask. Most don't even change their own oil so are probably paying way more than just that for a dealership oil change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom