1hdt flexplate/flywheel exploded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

On my way back from Colorado to Atlanta this past week my truck started making a horrific knock and a loss of all power and I shut it down immediately.

I originally thought the worse and assumed the engine blew. I finally got it back home and drained the oil, and surprisingly there wasn’t a spec of metal. While I was waiting on the oil to drain, I decided to drop the inspection plate on the bell housing. As soon as I dropped the bolts a nice pile of metal fell out.

Kinda relieving, kinda not.

I just had a wholesale auto billet torque converter installed about 8-10 kilometers ago. Has anyone else had/seen this happen?

What else could be potentially ****ed due to this?

I have a GTurbo red wheel at 20psi, surely I can be making that much torque. 4.88 gears and 37’s. My highway rpm at 75mph is about 2,800

7CCD2AF6-A91B-4ECB-A191-7C48AE137FDE.jpeg

Bummer!!! Hopefully something in that cavity is the actual problem and this isn't just a seeming-but-not-actual-cause!!! What's in that cavity is primarily just the TC and flexplate.

Bummer!!! Hopefully something in that cavity is the actual problem and this isn't just a seeming-but-not-actual-cause!!! What's in that cavity is primarily just the TC and flexplate.
I rekon we will find out soon.

Still waiting on Amayama to confirm they have the new flexplate. Then I’ll pull the trans off.

Still waiting on Amayama to confirm they have the new flexplate. Then I’ll pull the trans off.
Hey, I have a flexplate / flywheel for an A442F hydro transmission for sale. If the part numbers line up with what you're looking for, DM me.

WIN_20230104_19_10_39_Pro.jpg

well now you have options, ive got one to get rid of also

@Outono did you replace those with new when you put in the new TC? That's interesting because when I put in your transmission/TC I bought, which included these components, and I did the runout test (or whatever?) in the FSM the ones that came with the tranny failed so I used my originals which passed.

@Outono did you replace those with new when you put in the new TC? That's interesting because when I put in your transmission/TC I bought, which included these components, and I did the runout test (or whatever?) in the FSM the ones that came with the tranny failed so I used my originals which passed.
Thats bizarre. The ones I put in the transmission you got were brand new, OEM from Amayama and cost a fortune!

Wow, super weird then....that means they only had a few hundred miles on them?!? Makes no sense. I do remember double checking the measurement a few times thinking there could be no way they were failing and mine were passing.

Ever get your engine back in?

Wow, super weird then....that means they only had a few hundred miles on them?!? Makes no sense. I do remember double checking the measurement a few times thinking there could be no way they were failing and mine were passing.

Ever get your engine back in?
Still don't have the engine or the truck ;) Will fill you in on our message thread later. Hoping for this month? haha

I scooped up a brand new one from Amayama. I’m not going through the pain of pulling the trans without putting in new goods again.

I scooped up a brand new one from Amayama. I’m not going through the pain of pulling the trans without putting in new goods again.
Looking forward to the end of this story. I want to know why that flex plate grenaded.

If you need a hand, please shoot me a text. I'm right down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom