1hdt crank pulley weirdness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I think I was right. The harmonic balancer that I took off was a triple all one piece. I guess the previous owner replaced it with the wrong part?

He must have. I wonder if the notch was set up to get tbc or tdc when fitting the timing belt? If it wasnt, it could have been a catastrophe.

I just noticed the pulley wobble tonight... I was wondering where that belt squeak type noise was coming from!!! I'm really glad it didn't come apart on me while driving! I can only imagine the damage that could incur... I just ordered one from the supplied link, no AC for now! Thanks Tweeek!

Has anyone actually driven around with this pulley removed?

I just noticed the pulley wobble tonight... I was wondering where that belt squeak type noise was coming from!!! I'm really glad it didn't come apart on me while driving! I can only imagine the damage that could incur... I just ordered one from the supplied link, no AC for now! Thanks Tweeek!

Has anyone actually driven around with this pulley removed?

Fairly common for the AC compressor clutch bearing or the AC idler pulley bearing to squeak too.
I thought I had a problem with my crank pulley recently, but it turned out to be the AC clutch pulley.

You can remove the separate AC belt pulley from the harmonic damper/ crank pulley and run it without any issue.

Tip: Keep your failed pulley, weld a bar on it and you have a tool to hold the crank if you ever have to remove the crank pulley bolt. :)

Fairly common for the AC compressor clutch bearing or the AC idler pulley bearing to squeak too.
I thought I had a problem with my crank pulley recently, but it turned out to be the AC clutch pulley.

You can remove the separate AC belt pulley from the harmonic damper/ crank pulley and run it without any issue.
Yes, I recently changed the idler pulley as it was on it's way out. The AC clutch/pulley seems to be okay, spins freely and has no excessive play, works too!

This just happened to me, while driving. 29 year old rubber, 8 years of pretty rugged treatment, and after a couple days on logging roads seems from be enough. I thought the AC belt had jumped off, pulling one of the water pump belts in the chaos. When I went to put them back on on the side of the road it took me a second to figure out why there why I couldn't put the AC belt anywhere. Have driven about 200kms and have another 400+ to get home.

The no.2 crank shaft pulley is already in my partsouq shopping cart.
But will that be just the AC pulley portion? From the exploded diagram it looks like the bolt on water pump/alt crankshaft pulleys are a separate part number..

Parts don't usually come with nuts and bolts. But they would probably be easy to source at home. There is a rubber seal in there as well. I would do that as well.

I've had to replace this crank pulley as well, the rubber separated so it was shifting back and fourth.

Parts don't usually come with nuts and bolts. But they would probably be easy to source at home. There is a rubber seal in there as well. I would do that as well.

I'm well aware that nuts and bolts don't come with the part. That wasn't what I was asking.

I'm trying to determine if I only need to order no.2 crankshaft pulley, and I can press that on to the main crankshaft pulley?
Is the process take the whole main crankshaft pulley off to press the no.2 pulley on?
Or do I need to order the main crankshaft pulley?
From the OPs post and the exploded diagrams I've seen on part Souq it's a little unclear to me.

The aircon pulley just bolts onto the existing crank pulley. Very easy job. I forget the exact sequence but too easy My engine had been rebuilt and I think I had the crank pulley off when it came back. I would have bolted the 2 together and then fitted it to the crank

for some reason i can’t get this exact picture but this is from my build thread showing exactly what the pulley that fell apart looked like. from what i remember it’s just the A/C pulley that needs replacing. the other one was metal and just bolted on

So I'm going to need to do this asap. Was wondering if the correct AC crankshaft pulley has two grooves for two belts or just the one for AC.That part number (13408-17010) pulls up a pulley with 2 grooves on Ebay but it appears the one Tweeek used in pics is a 6 bolt single grooved pulley. Or am I just seeing it wrong?

So I'm going to need to do this asap. Was wondering if the correct AC crankshaft pulley has two grooves for two belts or just the one for AC.That part number (13408-17010) pulls up a pulley with 2 grooves on Ebay but it appears the one Tweeek used in pics is a 6 bolt single grooved pulley. Or am I just seeing it wrong?

My crank pulley has 2 grooves. The 1hdt runs 2 belts.

I figured it out. On the 1hdt the ac pulley on the crankcase is the #2 pulley and is a single groove. The main crankcase pulley that runs the 2 belts for the alt and water pump is the 13408-17010 part number. The one I need is the 13407-17010 part number. Got it ordered last night! Thanks guys
Screenshot_20220617-064833_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom