1hdt conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I am currently in the mix of deciding what I should swap my 1995 freshly rebuilt engine into I have been think either a hzj75 series which has previously hat a 1hz (so I don’t have to play with engine mounts) or a hjz79 which also has had a 1hz so my questions are
What would I have to change to the hjz75 to make it fit
Would I need to get a wiring harness made up
How hard is it to do
Would it be possible at all in the hjz79
Would I have to chance much to the 79
And finally how hard is the 79 to do if possible

You don't have to nothing electrical, no special motor mounts , only check the diameter of the flywheel, if you have the correct diameter and spline.
I hope you have also the HDT IP, itis similar ,but different from the HZ1.

Ha
You don't have to nothing electrical, no special motor mounts , only check the diameter of the flywheel, if you have the correct diameter and spline.
I hope you have also the HDT IP, itis similar ,but different from the HZ
I hope you have also the HDT IP, itis similar ,but different from the HZ1.
i have the gearbox with the 1hdt so I was planning to swap the whole lot over because it fits the engine

If I may add, th manual trasmissione of a 75 , is adeguate to hold the torque and power of the HDT engine.
But NOT the trasmission of the 79.
Don't ask why I know.

The swap HD-T on HZJ75. I already made the swap but I try not to force it
- Install HZJ75 engine bracket on HD-T.
- If HZJ75 don't have heater lines, need to close heater lines on HD-T
- get or made turbo exhaust outpipe. i buy on euro4x4.
- Replace all hoses and crankshaft rear retainer. I fail on that.... oil leak. :bang:
- Change the air filter cover. from HDJ80
- Maybe can broke the H55F. It fit and run perfect but the 5th gear is to short. I running 2 soft year and no problem.
- key and mud time...

Think better choice...
HZJ79 and swap use H151F (from HD-T 80 or 100).

I will swap, (soon... december), my 75 on a chassis 78 with 80 series axle. HD-T is running and the H151f is waiting on floor.
The only work required is to change the arm bracket (VDJ79), the spiral supports (80) and use Extended panhard.
IMG_20210413_070009~2.jpg

Good luck :cheers:

If you use the H151 and the full time transfer case that usually goes with that, you may have a hard time fitting it. I don’t know if the part-time transfer case that also fits behind the H151 is shorter or not. Might be better rebuilding your H55 and using that. The problem is with the frame cross bar that is in front of the front fuel tank on our utes/troopies. This bar tilts forward were as on the 70 series with the main tank at the rear this bar is straight up and down.

I have a 78 , with H151 gearbox with HD-T engine .
you must move the cross member , as Coldtaco said .
but it is not a big job , I had no interference with the fuel tank .
but you end up also with shorter gear .
in order to have a correct rpm , you must change crown and pinion on diff .
but can't remember the N. sorry

The swap HD-T on HZJ75. I already made the swap but I try not to force it
- Install HZJ75 engine bracket on HD-T.
- If HZJ75 don't have heater lines, need to close heater lines on HD-T
- get or made turbo exhaust outpipe. i buy on euro4x4.
- Replace all hoses and crankshaft rear retainer. I fail on that.... oil leak. :bang:
- Change the air filter cover. from HDJ80
- Maybe can broke the H55F. It fit and run perfect but the 5th gear is to short. I running 2 soft year and no problem.
- key and mud time...

Think better choice...
HZJ79 and swap use H151F (from HD-T 80 or 100).

I will swap, (soon... december), my 75 on a chassis 78 with 80 series axle. HD-T is running and the H151f is waiting on floor.
The only work required is to change the arm bracket (VDJ79), the spiral supports (80) and use Extended panhard.
View attachment 2646103
Good luck :cheers:
Cheers mate very helpful I’ll let you know what I decide to do

Its a straight forward swap. Just ask around when you run into a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom