1fz Crank Holding Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OTRAMM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.otramm.com
I've had several people ask about the crank holding tool I made for torquing the crank bolt on the 1FZ. I ended up redesigning it so that it has a square drive for a breaker bar instead of a welded handle. I figured that way it could go in a flat rate box. I priced out having them cut and I'd need to sell them for ~80.00 bucks to make them worthwhile. They'd be water jet cut out of 3/8" cold rolled steel. Basically curious if there's a market at that price point before I get a batch cut.

Finally got the first set of blanks from the water jet guys. Overall they fit well. The 1/2" square drive is a bit too tight. Ordered a 1/2" broach to give a nice snug fit on a breaker bar. Making progress though :)
1fzcranktoolbare.jpg

What about adding multiple spots for the 1/2" ?

There's not really a need to since the crank spins. Adding more holes would just up the cost of cutting them and add more time broaching. Several of the original iterations had a welded on handle and I never found myself withing for more angles.

I love your videos. The transfer case one is worth 80 dollars.

Lovely. I am in for one.

How's the inventory look?... Tried to order one from the site but it looks like your sold out..... Doing a head and timing chain, could use one ASAP please

How's the inventory look?... Tried to order one from the site but it looks like your sold out..... Doing a head and timing chain, could use one ASAP please
Sold the last one I had yesterday. I ordered more blanks but it'll probably be two weeks til they come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom