1999 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so here's the deal with my luck. I am in the military living overseas and have been for the last two years. I purchased this vehicle from dagr1 with the intention of having it be my own personal little welcome home gift. I went home and saw and checked it all over in December this last year and noticed a funny noise coming form the front diff which turned out to be the gears eating themselves which required me to have the whole front drive train rebuilt at a cost of 1600 dollars. Now the reason I am selling it now is because I have since gotten the opportunity to move to Australia once I get out of the Marine Corps. Making this truck obsolete for me. So my bad luck is your good fortune. The vehicle has been in my moms care for the last year where it gets driven to work once a week to keep it in good shape and other than that it has been parked. Essentially you are getting the exact same thing I paid for with a 1600 dollar overhaul on the front end for the same price I paid(it's only had about 5500 miles put on it in the year and about 3000 of that was my brother driving it home across the US). So if you're looking for a very clean and very well build but barely used vehicle that is ready to go but not in need of any work here it is.

For the $12,000 asking price you'll get...

1999 4Runner 4x4 V6 SR5
Desert Dune
5 speed manual transmission
Hood Scoop Toyota Hood
Power Sunroof
CD and cassette
Power windows, locks, mirrors, rear window
Tan Leather Interior
107,038 miles(when I bought it it had 101,500 miles)

Mobil 1 synthetic throughout

Within last 15k miles it has had new timing belt, water pump, coolant, new mass air sensor, both O2 sensors, air filter, fuel filter using all Toyota parts.

Within last 25k miles it has had:
4.88 gears professionally installed with master install kits
New front and rear axle seals
Marlin clutch, resurfaced flywheel

It does have an e-locker, but it did not come factory with it, the previous owner purchased an entire rear axle assembly with low miles (12K miles). Then the previous owner used an Inchworm wiring kit to install the e-locker wiring, the e-locker will work in 2wd, 4hi, and 4lo and works flawlessly.

Vehicle also has:

ARB Prado front bumper with Warn M8000 winch, bumper was installed with extra bracing on the front frame rails that includes 2 extra bolts through the frame on each side.

Trailcarnage skidplates-front and bellypan and an extra plate connecting from the front to the bottom of the ARB bumper.

Trailcarnage sliders-2"x3" square tube

Trailcarnage rear bumper with 2" receiver-the only one in existence, the original design

1" Roger Brown bodylift using heavy duty hardware

Sonoran Steel rear lower control arms with Rubicon express joints
Sonoran Steel panhard drop bar, e-brake relocation bracket
Sonoran Steel rear swaybar lift bracket

Rear has stock FJ80 shocks

Front has Nuke swaybar disconnects and Inland Trucks upper a-arms

Front suspension:
New Tokico Shocks/New Tundra Coils/Topout spacer

Tires are 285/75/16 BFG MT's with 50% tread remaining on 16x7 Tacoma alloy wheels
Spare is a 285/75/16 Mud King on 16x7 Tacoma alloy wheel

Conferr roofrack with spare tire mount, bike mounts, bike wheel mounts, hi-lift mount, shovel/axe mount

Custom made cargo barrier using Raingler netting

Custom made storage box with drawers and carpeted

Super lift Tru Speed Calibrator-the speedo is correct for the tires and gears

Red Top Optima battery

Uniden CB

Catch all floor mats

As I said I am the third owner of this rig however the second owner of this 4Runner took immaculate care of it and put all of the TLC you can see into it. The first owner was a doctor that always had it serviced at the dealership. The second owner purchased it with 55k miles. It has a clean title and I have the title in hand. With the Tundra coils up front it is ready to run 35" tires. This vehicle has only seen one Colorado winter so it is rust free.

It has a few small scratches and one small dent on the front fender near the bumper, but nothing major or really even noticeable. Interior is like new and it has never been smoked in.
The vehicle is located in Cedaredge, Colorado about 45 minutes away from Grand Junction. If you would like to arrange a viewing please call my mother(Cindy White) at 970-856-7023, please keep in mind she knows little to nothing about vehicles and will most likely not be able to answer any questions about it. if you have any questions for me about the price or specifics of the vehicle please direct them to my email at brixeyjc@state.gov and I will write or call you back at a time convenient for you. But please remember I am in Cambodia so with the time difference it may cause a bit of delay. Now here are some of the pictures(these are the ones dagr1 posted last year since I have only spent a week with the vehicle)-

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11-1.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

l_0ffbe5b369bd9ce00c0487554813bbb7.jpg

l_977d9708bfba46488b6da5084bb20fdf.jpg

l_261e1f7b72d18dc23e2d5ea508f8e7b8.jpg

l_28a24e6ec0c8164e75dd7921ec21d7ea.jpg

l_9f56bd78ecfbbd7ccdb52fc8a8b56c77.jpg

l_1cb63049bf8cb1f42a1d35e5cd844fc7.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I know your pain! Sucks having to be gone all the time right? Nice looking cruiser. Just sold one for the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom