1998 Prado suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello everyone! i use to be at 100 series forum but recently i want to modify my 95series prado. i have sevral questions to the suspension expert here and i hope you can help.

my prado has 5VZ-FE engine and i am using bilstein shocks. in two months time i will install an arb deluxe bull bar. now, i want to have a lift just in front without changing the bilstein shocks. does ome 880 fit bilstein shocks? or should i change the top plate or just install a spacer on the spring. i would like to have a lift of 1" max. no off roading here only rough road. :grinpimp:

according to toyota dealer the PN of the spring of the prado is 48131-6A880 left and right are the same and it has 352mm and 355mm in lenght.

thanks! :cheers:

If you plan to add an ARB bar, you should consider the OME 881 front coil springs since the 880 springs are softer and provide less lift. They both tend to settle over time.

I've seen Bilsteins in combination with OME springs, but i don't know if all models work.

my prado has 5VZ-FE engine

I have the same prado model and i make an order for an OME suspension.

The coils are ome 881 and the the N91S shocks front
and ome 890 and N86 rear.
I think that kit is value for money prado LWB...

we have fitted OME springs to bilstein shocks. also some bilsteins have notches where you can lift it by transfering the locking ring. this feature is present with the front prado shocks of bilstein.

Thanks for replying.....I am using Bilstein front BE5-2778 and rear BE5-2351. do you mean that i can put the spring seat up side down to gain a lift? :confused:

soem models of the Bilstein shocks for the front of the prado have 3 notches for the spring seat to seat on. you can move the locking ring to the highest notch so that the spring seat will seat higher for a minimum lift. but since you are adding an ARB bullbar I suggest you just install OME springs front and rear, so that you have a hihger spring rate to counter the weight of the bullbar and to cure the common problem of the rear suspension of the prado bottoming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom