1995 TLC 80 Auto Data? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

i'm looking for the original Toyota spec for my 1995 LC 80,
it's a 4.5 24V, Automatic Gear and sold originally in US/Canada.

the main info i'm looking for is the original height of the car and what wheels he had (today i have the 31" on) according to toyota,
not sure how they measured the height in the past,
these days in Israel they measuring from the center of the wheel to the lowest part of the fender...

+ i'm looking for the list of approved wheels sizes by toyota for that model.

anyone can help with that?

thanks in advance,

R.

275/70R/16 is the stock tire size for fzj80. It's about 31", just like you have. We did not get 24V in US, btw.

I googled fzj80 height. It says 73.6".

I think he meant 24 valve 😜

As mentioned, the stock tire size is about 31” on a 16” wheel for your model year. Ability to use different tire sizes depends on lift/etc. Usually you can fit up to a 33” tire (285/75/16) on stock suspension height, or you can go bigger with a little lift.

The original 275/70/16 (31.2”) is an odd/uncommon size, so you’ll have an easier time choosing 265/75/16 (31.6”) which is very common, if staying near factory tire size - these listed sizes are assuming you have 16” wheels.

Center of wheel to underside of fender is measuring the suspension/ride height, and that is the normal way to do it. I believe stock is somewhere around 20”, but numbers seem to vary +/- 1/2”

Last edited:
😅😅
Yes, you are right, i meant 24 Valve and not 24 Volt,

thanks for that very clear answer,
so i have 33" then (275/70/16) on my car,
we do not use the inch method normally here and i never took the time to check that.

the big question is were can i find the original specs that saying that from factory the LC80 was 20" from Center of the wheel to the underside of the fender??
i need something that i can show to the local authorities here to get the approval for my 2" lift...
since the LC80 was not imported formally to Israel they comparing me to LC120 and then the 2" became 4"...
I think he meant 24 valve 😜

As mentioned, the stock tire size is about 31” on a 16” wheel for your model year. Ability to use different tire sizes depends on lift/etc. Usually you can fit up to a 33” tire (285/75/16) on stock suspension height, or you can go bigger with a little lift.

The original 275/70/16 (31.2”) is an odd/uncommon size, so you’ll have an easier time choosing 265/75/16 (31.6”) which is very common, if staying near factory tire size - these listed sizes are assuming you have 16” wheels.

Center of wheel to underside of fender is measuring the suspension/ride height, and that is the normal way to do it. I believe stock is somewhere around 20”, but numbers seem to vary +/- 1/2”

275/70/16 calculates to about 31.2 inches “on paper” (original tire size)

285/75/16 is the ~33” size (calculates to about 32.8 inches)

I now understand what you’re looking for. I’m not sure off the top of my head where you’ll find that ~20” measurement “officially” stated, but hopefully someone here can help. I’m curious myself, so I will do a bit of searching & see what I find.

It may be listed in the factory service manual? There is a long thread in the FAQ section about suspension information, but there is a lot to read.

Yo MUDDERS, please send help!

Last edited:

I now understand what you’re looking for. I’m not sure off the top of my head where you’ll find that ~20” measurement “officially” stated, but hopefully someone here can help. I’m curious myself, so I will do a bit of searching & see what I find.

It may be listed in the factory service manual? There is a long thread in the FAQ section about suspension information, but there is a lot to read.

thanks again for the help!
I found someone in Israel that have 80 with no lift,
tomorrow he will check the length and let me know and i'll post it here.

I hope i can find that Doc's...
i'm trying with the local Toyota importer to see if he can get it for me...
but i'm not holding my breath.

BTW,
i think that your Tagging of MUDDERS wasn't working...
you need to add @ before that and there are 3 users there so i was not sure how to Tag

I found something online that says 520 mm for the front, 525mm for the rear. That's 20.47 inches front, 20.66 rear.

Good to know. Seems like the supposed “factory new” numbers I’ve come across are also erring on the side of just over 20. Got a link?

@BigRD haha, “mudders” was a general call for anyone here on MUD to help you! Looks like @Devils Paw 80 is on it

😅😅
Yes, you are right, i meant 24 Valve and not 24 Volt,

thanks for that very clear answer,
so i have 33" then (275/70/16) on my car,
we do not use the inch method normally here and i never took the time to check that.

the big question is were can i find the original specs that saying that from factory the LC80 was 20" from Center of the wheel to the underside of the fender??
i need something that i can show to the local authorities here to get the approval for my 2" lift...
since the LC80 was not imported formally to Israel they comparing me to LC120 and then the 2" became 4"...
You're not going to find a Toyota document that states the dimension from the center of the wheel to the inside of the fender. It's just not data anyone ever cared about. I'd be very surprised if it's even on the manufacturing drawings, since that's not something that would would have been checked on the assembly line. Clearance around the outside edge of the stock tire to the inside of the finder, maybe, but then again, that would have depended on which tire was mounted on the line. The US models all got Dunlaps (I still have one), but I don't know about the rest of the world.

For example, you can find the dimension from the ground to the underside of the bumper (the approach and exit clearance from a hill), but not the dimension from the ground to the top of the bumper, or the dimension from the ground to the highest point on the roof, but not to the drip rail, where you'd mount a roof rack, if you didn't get the factory option. Both of those numbers would be helpful, for example of you're mounting lights on the bumper or want to know the installed height of your aftermarket rack, but...

You're looking for a dimension that's only useful to someone modifying the stock profile and that's not something Toyota would have planned on, so they would never have published it.

My advice would be to find a stock 80, that you could verify as stock, measure it and use that as evidence. Whether the government would accept that, without a baksheesh, is anyone's guess...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom