1995 4Runner 3.0 TD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Diesel powered 4Runner. Are these desirable in the states? Theyre much cheaper here in Europe than Landcruisers so figured Id ask the experts. Not sure why as they “look” as good as the LCs. :)

CAFBB46A-66F2-43D6-BC58-11F9D45D8C31.jpeg

That was sold as the Hilux Surf globally, its the same as the 2nd generation (best looking IMO) 4runner in the states.
They're old enough now where a lot of importers are selling seemingly clean ones for about $14k or so from waht i've seen. For the same price or a little more you can get a 90 series LC which is 90% similar to the 3rd gen 4runner so a number of parts will swap over.
That being said, I had a 2nd gen t4r that unfortunately never got the engine swap I thought it was going to, but the few times I drove it around it was a neat vehicle. Very small on the inside though.
How much are they going for in Europe? I've never imported but based on what i've read on here, importing is about $3k or so? Lots of paperwork involved

That was sold as the Hilux Surf globally, its the same as the 2nd generation (best looking IMO) 4runner in the states.
They're old enough now where a lot of importers are selling seemingly clean ones for about $14k or so from waht i've seen. For the same price or a little more you can get a 90 series LC which is 90% similar to the 3rd gen 4runner so a number of parts will swap over.
That being said, I had a 2nd gen t4r that unfortunately never got the engine swap I thought it was going to, but the few times I drove it around it was a neat vehicle. Very small on the inside though.
How much are they going for in Europe? I've never imported but based on what i've read on here, importing is about $3k or so? Lots of paperwork involved
they range between 8-14k for good ones. I will ship through the u.s. government so paperwork is not too bad. also they're listed as 4runners over here in europe…at least the ones Ive seen.

So price seems around the same. FInd one that's been well sorted and familiarize yourself with the diesels (I havent so I can't give any insight) and do it!
Yes the diesels are much better! :) imo 👍 Better mpgs and last longer.

woah woah wee woah I lIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom