1994 bumper paint code "no longer available"? Advice pls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, my 1994 LC is at the paint shop currently having both the front and rear bumpers painted. I have searched the forums and have the info below, both from CruiserDan (posted back in 2004) and also "officially" from Toyota. However, my paint/ body shop guy is saying these codes no longer show up in their system.....too old or something??

FWIW I also emailed my shop the listing/ pictures of the "super original 1k mile 1994 LC" that was on Bring a Trailer so they can get a visual. But they are of course asking for paint code.....

Can anyone recommend a current paint code re: the info below? Dupont is preferred.....thx!!

Color Code A20M

1-90 to 12-94

BASF: 21585
DuPont: L9531
Sikkens: TOY-7830
S/W : 45100
PPG : base 35234, clear 34376.

A quick related question which may help answer my question above.....is the gray color around the "Toyota" grill logo the exact same color/ code as the factory bumpers? Looks like in this pic of the "unicorn", but want to be sure......that would help my paint shop match the color.....thx

1994_toyota_land_cruiser_fj80_1621784775f0c87d1dcSFD_9369.jpg

A quick related question which may help answer my question above.....is the gray color around the "Toyota" grill logo the exact same color/ code as the factory bumpers? Looks like in this pic of the "unicorn", but want to be sure......that would help my paint shop match the color.....thx

1994_toyota_land_cruiser_fj80_1621784775f0c87d1dcSFD_9369.jpg
I had this exact same problem when I had a stock bumper refinished for my 93. The paint codes for the body of the car did not sync up with the bumper. I purchased an end cap that was in good shape and the body shop basically matched the color of the end cap to the bumper. It came out pretty well but my vision isnt so great these days.

Bumpers should be painted tomorrow......if anyone can confirm today that the dark gray on the "Toyota" grill piece is the same as the factory bumper color, please reply and let me know....thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom