1993 PZJ75 Altimeter/Temperature Pod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

I am trying to get the Outside and Inside Ambient Temperature readings to work on the dash board pod.
What I have read indicates the -29 means the sensors are either not working or are not installed.
Searched around the truck looking for open ended connectors, but have not found any yet; next time I plan to do a more thorough search.
I have searched on ToyoDIY and found the part numbers along with a small picture in the exploded drawing.
I was wondering if anyone has worked on these before and if you were able to locate new sensors.

Thank you for your assistance.

Take a look at this thread:
HJ61 in/out temperature gauge repair

Not sure about your rig, but my BJ74 outside sensor was on the RH front bumper in a small metal enclosure. The inside sensor has eluded me but I haven't put that much effort into searching for it. I did notice there was a vented grill on my roof panel that I need to look under. I have also heard they can be in the dash behind the gauge cluster or air vent.

I bought some 1K Ohm NTC thermistors from Amazon so I can replace mine (not sure if it's a faulty solder or a bad sensor that's messing mine up).

Last edited:
That small vented grill is indeed the inside probe while the outside probe resides somewhere in the forward frame horn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom