eBay 1993 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone lobby a senator!

image.jpeg
White is by far my favorite color for a 77 Series.

Steve at Land Cruiser Direct brings this model in all the time and cheaper then this one with a US title and no hassle.

I rarely see them with 5 speeds though. Steve did sell one (black one) but I am not sure if he ever listed it.

I rarely see them with 5 speeds though. Steve did sell one (black one) but I am not sure if he ever listed it.

Hey man hipsters need to drive something to right ;)

Kidding aside it seems that jdm drivers are a bit as US drivers and prefer auto's , I have tried a few behind the diesels but prefer manual trannys for any 7x cruiser.

Hey man hipsters need to drive something to right ;)

Kidding aside it seems that jdm drivers are a bit as US drivers and prefer auto's , I have tried a few behind the diesels but prefer manual trannys for any 7x cruiser.

If you or Steve could just find me a soft top HZJ73 with A/C and 5-speed then you have a buyer. LHD or RHD unimportant. Asking for too much?

I don't think they even exist but some say they do.

If you or Steve could just find me a soft top HZJ73 with A/C and 5-speed then you have a buyer. LHD or RHD unimportant. Asking for too much?

I don't think they even exist but some say they do.

I have never seen a lhd or rhd hzj73 softop and most softop models are base versions lacking ac.

Frp top is a better choice and just go topless in summer, 4 lhd hzj73's on the way and one has ac !

I guess I'm a "hipster". :)
The 1HZ powered 77 Series just needs the proper turbo and someone who knows how to set it up.

I have never seen a lhd or rhd hzj73 softop and most softop models are base versions lacking ac.

Frp top is a better choice and just go topless in summer, 4 lhd hzj73's on the way and one has ac !
Hzj73 with ragtop is rare, but do exist, I have a customer who has one, and it has a/c!

Saw this beauty today - too bad we can't bend the 25 year rule. Anybody know anything about importing from the Netherlands? Also any info on the seller?

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser stationwagon 5-door | eBay

call the seller and ask him for the vin number.

The vin number will be the only was to find out the production date of the vehicle. just because it could say 1993 on the Title in Holland doesnt mean the vehicle wasnt produced before that. It could of been produced 1 year or 6 month before they export vehicles out of the country. so there is a chance that this vehicle was produced in 1992.

I import vehicles from Europe. i have seen title that is 1992 but production date is 1991, seen 1991 title but production 1990.
i have no issues with customs. as long as you proof to them that the vin plate is this production date and the vehicle is 25 years and older. They never go with the model year date on the foreign Titles, Customs checks vin numbers and it will show the exact production date.

Last edited:
call the seller and ask him for the vin number.

The vin number will be the only was to find out the production date of the vehicle. just because it could say 1993 on the Title in Holland doesnt mean the vehicle wasnt produced before that. It could of been produced 1 year or 6 month before they export vehicles out of the country. so there is a chance that this vehicle was produced in 1992.

I import vehicles from Europe. i have seen title that is 1992 but production date is 1991, seen 1991 title but production 1990.
i have no issues with customs. as long as you proof to them that the vin plate is this production date and the vehicle is 25 years and older. They never go with the model year date on the foreign Titles, Customs checks vin numbers and it will show the exact production date.

Pardon the newb question but how does one determine the build date from the VIN? Is there a database or key to decipher the date?

Hzj73 with ragtop is rare, but do exist, I have a customer who has one, and it has a/c!

I am 99.9% sure it is not factory built as ragtop. What is the model code on the tag?

Pardon the newb question but how does one determine the build date from the VIN? Is there a database or key to decipher the date?

You just enter the vin number in TOYODIY vin lookup and you get some sort of build sheet for that Cruiser

I guess when I see Bigfoot wheeling out of the woods in his factory made HZJ73 soft top, holding a picture of the model code...then I will be convinced.

Sorry, it's a HZJ70, still not going to post a picture for you though I'm not trying to get on the discovery channel just trying to be helpful
I guess when I see Bigfoot wheeling out of the woods in his factory made HZJ73 soft top, holding a picture of the model code...then I will be convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom