1992 MB 400E questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with the 1992 Mercedes-Benz 400E? My cousin has one that needs new "rotors" or whatever they are actually called. Basically the car has a seperate "rotor" for each of the 8cyl's. I guess almost like a dizzy for each cyl? Is that true? The shop wants $1,000 to replace each of these 8 parts, to make the car run great again. Any idea what I am taking about? Can we do this job by ourselves? And this car is the ultimate sleeper, it will blow the doors off of most other cars on the road, esp highway passing power!

Thanks,
Zack

rotor? dizzy? for each cylinder. im guessing you are talking about one coil for each cylinder?

Ok well the car has only two rotors and two dizzy caps, however all the s*** for this car is very expensive. Almost $500.00 for plug wires alone, and $150.00 per cap ,and $80.00 per rotor.

What do you know about these W124 E class cars? Is t his car with 129,000 miles on it worth taking? It needs brakes, a tune up, some front susp work, and some rust repair. The car could be mine for free.

Zack

What do you know about these W124 E class cars? Is t his car with 129,000 miles on it worth taking? It needs brakes, a tune up, some front susp work, and some rust repair. The car could be mine for free.

I know they are expensive to fix and maintain, you should be able to find some OEM parts online for cheaper than that though.
I wouldn't pay anything for it, too much headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom