1992 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there. Just joined this evening. I have a 92 fj80. It’s been in Travis County Texas it’s whole life. The past 19 years were spent sitting on the ranch of its original owner. Glad to be here as I have a lot to learn and a lot to do.

3098958C-81C3-4B71-8DE4-4401B971BBE3.jpeg

841DFCDD-0F51-42C1-8170-5807B147D30F.jpeg

9E1D4FE6-9D1E-4E87-964A-2BCF2D237042.jpeg

C1F7A184-A0B9-43AA-B078-65DB5A8416EC.jpeg

4C2B1E9F-A1CE-40BD-B5AE-247D7A8BD469.png

Welcome!

You have a 3FE so ignore all the head gasket hype.

You have 15" wheels and everything 93+ has 16" wheels and 4wheel disc brakes.

You do not have a viscous coupler in the transfer case so you will have driveline clunk.

Your engine is a tractor engine and is slow but very reliable.

You have a great combination with no roof rack to rust, no running boards to fall off or get bent, cloth interior for the most comfortable seats.

Hopefully you don't have a sunroof. If so you have a unicorn.

Welcome!

You do not have a viscous coupler in the transfer case so you will have driveline clunk.

You have a great combination with no roof rack to rust, no running boards to fall off or get bent, cloth interior for the most comfortable seats.

No sunroof. But yes I’m very happy about the 3fe. It has 181k miles on the clock. Needs a lot of cosmetic work but runs like a top.

You have the envy if many a Cruiser owner.

Your FJ80 is unique.

Cosmetics are pretty good. It'll buff out.

Please post your intended use and your mechanical skill levels so we can address you appropriately.
If all you do is pay someone else, that's ok too, we will approach it differently.

Congrats!

Oh, and wear your thick skin and big girl panties. We like it rough sometimes.

Welcome!

I got me a unicorn and it’s amzing 😉

Had that exact same truck (no sunroof, same color, completely stock) and sold it - very soon regretted it. That’s the reason I’m back in a 92 now. You have a find there. Resist the temptation to “upgrade” - IMO the early 80s are worth more and look best stock (well, maybe be a mild lift and 33s!)

WOW. Thats gorgeous. I was going to say something like, "Run away now", but WOW. I have a 91 so were on the same team. Regardless, get ready for BS because it's coming. Might be next week, or in several years, but it's coming. Good thing though, whatever happens, someone on here has had the exact same problem. And fixed it. I have always been amazed how consistent the flaws are. Testimony I guess to well built rigs. Good luck and keep us posted. Enjoy your unicorn.

You have the envy if many a Cruiser owner.

Your FJ80 is unique.

Cosmetics are pretty good. It'll buff out.

Please post your intended use and your mechanical skill levels so we can address you appropriately.
If all you do is pay someone else, that's ok too, we will approach it differently.

Congrats!

Oh, and wear your thick skin and big girl panties. We like it rough sometimes.
Thanks. I’m no mechanic. So I’ll be outsourcing most of the mechanical work. Although most of the mechanical work has been completed already. I’m primarily looking to get it painted and replace all the trim pieces. I’d like to keep it stock with the exception of larger tires.
The interior is in really good condition, just old. Would love some feedback on best options for getting the seats and carpet some love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom