For Sale 1987 Toyota Hilux Double Cab JDM RHD - UPDATED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is just posted as a gauge of interest considering this truck is eligible for importation to the US.

I'm still working on it at the moment but have come to terms with the fact it won't be seeing any use from use in the next several years and so there's no point in me letting it rot away in the garage.

210,000km
Right hand drive
2.4L non-turbo diesel engine 2L engine code
5 speed manual transmission with Marlin 1,200 clutch upgrade - purchased but not yet installed
Factory solid front axle with 2.5" OME lift
33" BFGoodrich AT on 15" refinished OE wheels

Drivetrain
new Toyota OE water pump, timing belt, tensioner, thermostat and v-belts
Radiator rebuilt with new core and tanks resealed
very recent Toyota OE oil filter and fuel filter replacement
new Toyota OE brake master cylinder with extended stainless brake lines
new Toyota OE clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder
Marlin Crawler stainless clutch line, 1,200lb pressure plate, disc and bearings
new rear brake shoes and drums, 80% remaining front brakes
Old Man Emu Dakar 2.5" lift springs, heavy front and medium rear
Cadmium plated shackles and pins with greasable polyurethane bushings

Other modifications
Snorkle installed for improved engine cooling
Fiberglass fender flares available but not currently installed due to snorkle fit
Interior recently competely removed, cleaned, painted and dynamat
Tablet installed for radio with amplifier and 2 front speakers - currently installing
Replaced windshield last year, still mint
Home built rear bumper with intergrated trailer hitch

Tons of extra parts from filters to light lens and other future modifications not yet installed on the truck. Have silicone heater hoses and clamps but not yet found radiator hoses. Some common rust on the rear box seam behind rear wheel and some inside truck bed, cab completely rust free and coated in POR15 on inside and some exterior parts. Spent more time working on this truck than driving it, drove it regularly last summer but stored indoors and moved sparingly since than.

20140531_140604.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking truck!

Thanks for the offer, most of the money from this truck is going into trying to purchase a house in the craziest market on the planet.

Just an update, 3 people who have showed interest have been from the USA which makes sense due to the dollar, I'm willing to work with that.

Have possibly found my replacement vehicle on a little budget (westfalia) so I'm motivated to move the truck haven't not yet installed the clutch and wanting to free up my garage space.

Becoming a motivated sale now with a westfalia getting put in my garage tomorrow. Price is somewhat flexible for now as the clutch isn't installed yet but obviously included with tons of other spare parts. Price becomes less flexible the more work goes into it, will not take a $10k CAD for it. That's far too low.

What tranny is in this truck, and how does the 2.4L engine compare to say the 13B engine?

Hi, I'm interested and have been looking for a LN106 for awhile now. Currently in Ontario.

What are the dimensions of the bed (interior length, width, height, and width between the wheel wells)? I am purchasing a Fourwheel camper and need to be sure that it will fit into this bed prior to further inquires.

thanks,

K

What tranny is in this truck, and how does the 2.4L engine compare to say the 13B engine?

I have never driven in another toyota diesel aside from my 88 which had the same drivetrain and engine. G52 tranmission with G252 gear ratio so 4.56 gears that are all stock. Attached a picture of the under hood plate for more infomation.

20150218_143940.jpg

Hi, I'm interested and have been looking for a LN106 for awhile now. Currently in Ontario.

What are the dimensions of the bed (interior length, width, height, and width between the wheel wells)? I am purchasing a Fourwheel camper and need to be sure that it will fit into this bed prior to further inquires.

thanks,

K

Just saw what dimensions you were looking for now, I PM'd you about other questions and I will get you some dimensions tonight after work.

Here's a picture with the 500kg sticker on it, is it factory? I have no idea.

2014-02-21 14.21.43.jpg

In total I've responded to a dozen interested parties, best offer currently 10k CAD which I can't accept.

If I still have the vehicle in 2 weeks time I'll try and get the clutch installed and price becomes less flexible.

So much interest and no commitment. Dealing with one last potential buyer and if it falls through vehicle will no longer be for sale.

It's a cool truck but I can't give it away for nothing.

FOR SALE AGAIN

Final sale notice, I'm out of time and I need to get my camper ready for this summer.

Old photos taken down and I'm attaching all the photos taken today showing current condition. I'm going to paste the new advertisement, please read it before asking questions.

$15 000 CDN

1987 Toyota Hilux Double Cab 4 door Pickup Diesel

Last edited:
215,466km - not a daily driver
Right hand drive
2.4L non-turbo diesel engine 2L engine code
5 speed manual transmission with Marlin 1,200 clutch upgrade
Factory solid front axle with 2.5" OME lift
33" BFGoodrich AT on 15" refinished OE wheels

Drivetrain
new Toyota OEM water pump, timing belt, tensioner, thermostat and v-belts 2500km on it
Radiator rebuilt with new core and tanks resealed at Richardson Radiator
Toyota OEM oil filter and 15w40 Castrol oil Nov 2015
new 75w90 syn gear oil in transmission, transfer case, front and rear differentials Nov 2015
Fuel Filter replacement with Toyota OEM parts has 2500km on it
new Toyota OEM brake master cylinder with extended stainless brake lines
new Toyota OEM clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder with stainless flex line
Marlin Crawler 1,200lb clutch kit, pressure plate, disc and bearings installed Nov 2015
New custom one piece rear driveshaft just built by Pats Driveline Nov 2015
new rear brake shoes and drums with 2500km on, 80% remaining front brakes
Old Man Emu Dakar 2.5" lift springs, heavy front and medium rear with 2500km on them
Cadmium plated shackles and pins with greasable polyurethane bushings

Other modifications
Snorkle installed for improved engine cooling
Fiberglass fender flares available but not currently installed due to snorkle fit
Interior recently competely removed, cleaned, painted and dynamat
Amplifier and 2 front speakers installed, USB charge port wired in. Setup for tablet.
Replaced windshield last year, still mint
Home built rear bumper with intergrated trailer hitch
Brand new paint and bedliner after body repairs on box for seam rust

Tons of extra parts from filters to light lens. Have silicone heater hoses and clamps but not yet found radiator hoses. Spent more time working on this truck than driving it, drove it regularly last summer but stored indoors and moved sparingly since than.
This is a very unique vehicle but surprisingly easy to get parts for as the engine and drivetrain is the same as a 1984 North American spec. truck. Eligible for import to USA, my previous 1988 truck was shipped there. Needs to go to a home that will use it.

Only known issues as I know every inch of this truck, fuel leak from injection pump and birfields started leaking since I let the vehicle sit. Spare parts include all parts needed for birfield replacement. Fuel leak happens during warm-up, no noticable drivability issues and leak stops once engine is at operating temperature. Truck is taking up my time needed on another project, price is taking into account repairs needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom