1987 4wd Toyota Tercel 6-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***TERCEL HAS BEEN SOLD!!!***

1987 4wd Toyota Tercel 6-speed
116k miles

This is our third vehicle, we no longer can keep it. It is used for short trips to take kids to school and go grocery shopping. It has always started, never left me stranded anywhere, never got stuck in snow. When it's warmed up, it runs great, very zippy. If you are not familiar with these cars, the 4wd Tercel is an 5 speed with an extra low gear enabled when it's in 4wd, making it a 6-speed. :D It has Big O tires on it with at least 75% of the tread left, new water pump, fuel pump, heater blower fan all in the last 20k miles.

Problems:
• Crease in driver's door (no rust) and driver's door lock cylinder jimmied (not working)
• Crack in windshield (below sightline, unless you're REALLY short :D )
• MPG at about 25 mpg right now, runs rought at startup, probably needs carb/emission work
• Radio gone
• Gear oil just changed in tranny and both diffs. :D

Car is in Jersey City, NJ.

$750.00
TercelDriversSideSmall.JPG
TercelPassSmall.JPG
TercelPass2Small.JPG

Last edited:
That is a freakin' steal for a 4wd Tercel. My dad still drives his (86 I think), 260k on the motor, runs great - and he's horrible about maintenence. I think the oil gets changed every 3 years.

attachment.php

Is that an ATM machine on the back hatch?

*bump*

Is it SR5 with the inclinometer like the 1st gen SR5 4Runners?

attachment.php

Is that an ATM machine on the back hatch?

*bump*

Vehicles for sale are not posted for you to chitchat and post s*** question on them...have a valid question, post it.....but padding your post count will no longer be tolerated, and those who consistently fail to abide by those rules will be barred from the sale corner of the forum.

Sale items should include:

location - at least the state/country/region
Price
Contact info

huh....

MoJ EDIT: I knew someone would bust me :D :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was in Cali and would pass emissions here...I'd take that off your hands in an heartbeat...

but it ain't so...allz I can do is BUMP this up for ya...

:flipoff2:

Any lift? Does ARB make a bumper for this model?

Email me full size pics please. dwanderson18 at yahoo dot com

how far is JC from Union NJ? My nephew needs a car and that is where he lives.

do you think it could handle a roof top tent?

didnt you have this rig at cruise moab '99?

Are these serious questions? If yes: it would have to be a small rooftop tent--roof is smaller than a sheet of plywood--and I didn't own this rig in '99, some folks in Colorado did. :)

If they aren't serious questions, than yes, sure, your mom loved the roof top tent action at Cruise Moab '99. :grinpimp:

Great car. I've owned 2 of them.

Did you try posting at Tercel4WD.com? I'm sure it would spark some interest there.

Bump for ya'. GL :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom