SOLD 1985 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 (H55, OME, 33" KO2's, FJ40 Steelies) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
SOLD

Up for sale is my 1985 FJ60 in Land Rover white with grey interior. This truck has almost 174,000 miles on it and is in exceptional condition. No accidents, next to no rust on frame and 99% rust free body.

Originally a Nevada truck, this FJ60 was bought in 2015 at 153,000 miles by a doctor in Wisconsin who kept it until January of 2022 when I bought it with 173,000 miles on it. He stored the truck during winter months over the course of his ownership, and the mileage and condition support this.

This 60 was to be a longer-term keeper for me, but I have decided to sell it to fund an air cooled Porsche 911 project.

Items of note:
  • High quality glass out repaint in Land Rover white (originally dune beige)
  • Restored interior
  • Full SOR carpet kit in brand new condition
  • H55 5 speed transmission conversion
  • OME lift (not sure what size - thinking 2”)
  • OME Steering stabilizer
  • Brand new 33” KO2’s
  • Brand new FJ40 Steelies with Caps
  • Saginaw power steering pump
  • Upgraded Bluetooth head unit with stereo system
  • Stereo amplifier
  • Power inverter
  • Smittybilt Trailer hitch
  • New OEM chrome bumpers
  • OEM mud flaps
  • FJ62 Grab bar
  • Dual battery set up
  • Champion radiator
  • Newly rebuilt steering box (Redhead)
  • New battery
  • LED light upgrade
  • Birfs redone in the last 20,000 miles (see pics)
  • Master and slave cylinders replaced when the H55 conversion was done within the last 10,000 miles
  • New front brake calipers
  • New rear pinion seal
My mechanic observed that there are signs that the head has been off the engine (potentially indicating a rebuild; however, I do not have any documentation so I won't claim it to be true).

Items of note:
  • Carburetor could likely use a rebuild or conversion to Holly Sniper - always starts but requires some cranking, choke and pumping of gas pedal on cold start (see cold start video)
  • Temp gauge doesn't register - not sure if its the sensor or in the dash cluster
  • Typical slight bubbling on driver rear wheel arch
Sale includes extra carpet and paint as well as some other odds and ends.

I looked at so many 60's before I found this one. I was searching for a clean, collectible, yet driver quality 60 to tool around town in, take the kids to the pool in the summer, etc. I really, really wanted to avoid rust, interiors in bad condition, questionable mileage or anything that was going to require money and upgrades.

What I really wanted was an adult-owned, well-cared-for example without having to fight it out in the Bring A Trailer auction marketplace.

This one came along when I was ready to give up - it was literally the last 60 I was willing to evaluate - and it ticked almost all of the boxes for me except the color. At the time I was really searching for a Freeborn Red. But, because fo the quality of the truck, I opted for the white and I must say the Land Rover white presents quite nicely.

The truck has a clean and clear title and is currently stored in a climate controlled garage.

My intent was to keep the truck for awhile longer but I am an air cooled Porsche “addict” and have stumbled upon a project that I need funding for. In case you’re interested, here is my air cooled Porsche YT channel to give you a feel for how I care for my cars: https://youtube.com/c/Rennthusiast
Exterior 1.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Undercarriage 1.jpg

Interior 2.jpg

Engine 1.jpg

Last edited:
Up for sale is my 1985 FJ60 in Land Rover white with grey interior. This truck has almost 174,000 miles on it and is in exceptional condition. No accidents, next to no rust on frame and 99% rust free body.

Originally a Nevada truck, this FJ60 was bought in 2015 at 153,000 miles by a doctor in Wisconsin who kept it until January of 2022 when I bought it with 173,000 miles on it. He stored the truck during winter months over the course of his ownership, and the mileage and condition support this.

This 60 was to be a longer-term keeper for me, but I have decided to sell it to fund an air cooled Porsche 911 project.

Items of note:
  • High quality glass out repaint in Land Rover white (originally dune beige)
  • Restored interior
  • Full SOR carpet kit in brand new condition
  • H55 5 speed transmission conversion
  • OME lift (not sure what size - thinking 2”)
  • OME Steering stabilizer
  • Brand new 33” KO2’s
  • Brand new FJ40 Steelies with Caps
  • Saginaw power steering pump
  • Upgraded Bluetooth head unit with stereo system
  • Stereo amplifier
  • Power inverter
  • Smittybilt Trailer hitch
  • New OEM chrome bumpers
  • OEM mud flaps
  • FJ62 Grab bar
  • Dual battery set up
  • Champion radiator
  • Newly rebuilt steering box (Redhead)
  • New battery
  • LED light upgrade
  • Birfs redone in the last 20,000 miles (see pics)
  • Master and slave cylinders replaced when the H55 conversion was done within the last 10,000 miles
  • New front brake calipers
  • New rear pinion seal
My mechanic observed that there are signs that the head has been off the engine (potentially indicating a rebuild; however, I do not have any documentation so I won't claim it to be true).

Items of note:
  • Carburetor could likely use a rebuild or conversion to Holly Sniper - always starts but requires some cranking, choke and pumping of gas pedal on cold start (see cold start video)
  • Temp gauge doesn't register - not sure if its the sensor or in the dash cluster
  • Typical slight bubbling on driver rear wheel arch
Sale includes extra carpet and paint as well as some other odds and ends.

I looked at so many 60's before I found this one. I was searching for a clean, collectible, yet driver quality 60 to tool around town in, take the kids to the pool in the summer, etc. I really, really wanted to avoid rust, interiors in bad condition, questionable mileage or anything that was going to require money and upgrades.

What I really wanted was an adult-owned, well-cared-for example without having to fight it out in the Bring A Trailer auction marketplace.

This one came along when I was ready to give up - it was literally the last 60 I was willing to evaluate - and it ticked almost all of the boxes for me except the color. At the time I was really searching for a Freeborn Red. But, because fo the quality of the truck, I opted for the white and I must say the Land Rover white presents quite nicely.

The truck has a clean and clear title and is currently stored in a climate controlled garage.

My intent was to keep the truck for awhile longer but I am an air cooled Porsche “addict” and have stumbled upon a project that I need funding for. In case you’re interested, here is my air cooled Porsche YT channel to give you a feel for how I care for my cars: https://youtube.com/c/Rennthusiast

I've also created a Google Drive link with many pics and some videos. Please shoot me a message and I'll be glad to send along a link.

Price- $38,000

(The truck has been submitted to BaT)

View attachment 3008675

View attachment 3008682

View attachment 3008690

View attachment 3008696

View attachment 3008701
I am interested in this car if still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom