SOLD 1985 FJ60, Vortec powered: $39,900 OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-toyota-land-cruiser-fj60-79/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_listing_sold_paid_winner
We bought this 1985 FJ on BAT at the beginning of the summer:

Bring A Trailer Auction

It was everything I hoped it would be. Unfortunately my wife put her foot down. Apparently 4 trucks, 2 motorcycles, and 2 sports cars is over the line. So the 60 is on the block.

As noted in the BAT posting, we have all service records including original Monroney.

We addressed the typical rain gutter rust that had accumulated above the drivers' side quarter window and tailgate, and installed AC system.

I would emphasize that we didn't remove the rain gutter. The areas of repair saw updated caulking but at some point the gutter will need to be removed, the area properly cleaned up, and new gutter installed and caulked.

Attached are current photos. Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to see.

Truck 1.jpg

Truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

Truck2.jpg

Rust Repair.jpg

Last edited:
Bought it for $30K on BaT in May....trying to sell it here 5 months later for $39.9K.

I guess fabricating hoses and fittings for the AC install, and doing the necessary body repairs, just don't cut it in your world

thanks for the constructive remarks.

I guess fabricating hoses and fittings for the AC install, and doing the necessary body repairs, just don't cut it in your world

thanks for the constructive remarks.
That works not close to $10K. You didn't even fix the rain gutter......GLWS

It's clear you're a flipper...that's fine, nothing wrong with that....but at least know your audience. No FJ40 or FJ60 owner here would call their rig an "FJ". I do appreciate that you're honest and upfront about the 60 though.

Honestly you'd probably have better luck with your asking price going back on BaT.

That works not close to $10K. You didn't even fix the rain gutter......GLWS

It's clear you're a flipper...that's fine, nothing wrong with that....but at least know your audience. No FJ40 or FJ60 owner here would call their rig an "FJ". I do appreciate that you're honest and upfront about the 60 though.

Honestly you'd probably have better luck with your asking price going back on BaT.
Well done. You are a great seer.

FWIW the auction closed well below expectation due to it's body issues. I'm into it $30k plus $1500 BAT fee, plus $1500 transport. AC components, fabrication, and installation were $2k, body work was $1500.

I bought it because I've always loved classic cruisers. It turns out that my wife is a bit fed up with my car and truck habit.

I'd cheerfully sell it for what I have into it.

You might do better being less of a troll. Just a suggestion.

@Dr Shafty if you have been a forum member since 2017 you would probably know that none of us on mud have cash, which is why we are readily available to critique for sale ads. If we do have cash we will talk you down... You will find us much more eager to purchase if you look in the "parting out" section... LOL

Maybe go back to BAT, like @Major Nelson said, or maybe expo? I wouldn't think you are too far off at $30K, but $39K may be a bit high. Good luck with the sale either way, man.

@Dr Shafty . while I'll freely admit I was in chop-busting mode (its common on this site...and generally appreciated). I wasn't even close to troll level, so chill a bit. BaT prices will always be higher vs here on MUD, @Tennessee80 is spot on.

My suggestions still stand (as well as how I wasn't even close to troll level).
1. Know your customer...you have a 60, or an FJ60.... not an FJ. That's almost as bad as having an upside down bezel on a 40.
2. You were honest and upfront on what you paid, and what you've done. It's just your expectations are off for what you'd get here.
3. Go, be happy and go enjoy your 3 other trucks, 2 motorcycles, and 2 Porsche (seemed like a strange flex...or at least an attempt at one).

And honestly, GLWS.

Last edited:
Any photos of the rain gutter repair?

You overpaid in the first place.

Nice looking truck. GLWS.

I also have too many vehicles so I had to get rid of the wife when she told me to sell a few. :rofl:

In all seriousness, with the crazy prices today, you never know how much BaT or eBay will get you for your 60. I'd say keep it....it's getting harder to find a clean one and the cost to refurbish is also getting very high. Just go out and enjoy the heck out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom