SOLD 1983 Toyota 4X4 Mini Truck DLX LWB 110k Miles East TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
rgb(63, 4, 4)
1983 Toyota 4X4 DLX LWB COLD A/C Power Steering Bucket Seats 110,xxx miles Terra

The truck which was originally sold in Texas and went to the Dry Section of Colorado and remained there until I purchased in 2019 And is amazingly low/no rust in original condition!

The truck has original paint/some patina on everything except the hood and roof, these had been repainted when I purchased, I would have left as they were, because I dig patina and originality.

I Searched extensively to find a truck in this original condition and equipped the way I wanted, most importantly Working A/C due to the difficulty of adding an entire system and one that was an unmolested original without all the things that I did to these trucks as a teenager!

Here are the improvements that I have made since purchase:

New interior with the exception of headliner and door panels, which were rip and tear free which was important because door panels are difficult to source.

Complete new Carpet, including the back cab.

Reupholstered the seats with near perfect match period correct cloth and vinyl. While the seats were apart the frames were cleaned and padding was improved to restore seat firmness.

New Toyota dash pad

New Toyota Sunvisors

1983 Mini Truck SR5 package Steering Wheel and 5 Speed Shift Knob. Since the truck was equipped with factory buckets and 5 speed, to complete the SR5 pkg (minus a couple of cosmetic interior trim pieces) it only needs the 2 gauges in the center stack and a speedometer assembly with tachometer and the SR5 stripes.

Fresh oil change with Toyota Oil and Filter, Mechanical inspection; replaced water pump, replaced fuel pump, replaced shifter bushing, replaced speedometer cable to eliminate a slight bounce which is common with these trucks and most Land Cruisers. There may have been other maintenance items addressed, I will add as I discover. I I typically have a Toyota mechanic look over to see if he sees anything I have overlooked, I drive the truck and Wanted addressed what was needed.

The truck runs great with no leaks, no smoke and drives like the way it should have in the 1980’s!!!

Added correct Chrome wheels, the originals were white with the original paint, and a set of 31 10.50 15 BFG’s.

What it needs next:

New windshield? It has the original TEQ glass, but has a crack. I haven’t addressed this because it is out of my sight line and nothing leaks and I will address if the truck ever gets repainted, I have the OEM gasket and door weatherstrip if those are the next steps.

Repaint bed or add color match bedliner? The bed in a couple of rust spots near the floor weld (away from the bedside). There is a spot of rust in the front Corner of the drivers side floor that will also need addressed in the future.

This is a great truck to drive as is or restore.

I will add a few pictures, please let me know if there are any other specific once’s needed.

$14,500

1B327D9C-186C-4616-B91B-114AAD338204.jpeg

6A22FB37-F436-4E41-8E52-659D1BF049AF.jpeg

109CFADF-282A-4568-8F82-2EBA1D6154BB.jpeg

ADAF05CC-73EF-4CF8-AC8A-F9C7DA6B99DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Ready to sale or would be interested in Land Cruiser trades!

I haven't pushed too hard to sale, however I lost some storage space this month and need to make more room! I have adjusted the price to $14,500, same as I paid a couple years ago plus you get the entire interior restoration and upgrades that I completed!

Deposit received! Looks like it is heading to fellow Mud Member to enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom