Builds 1979 FJ40 Old School Overhaul (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes i also should have looked closer at the previous page.... Missed the numbers right in front of me. :rofl:

;)
Here is what a "Professional" grinder looks like!!

The technique Kind'a reminds me of Ole Fred!

I see you own a welder..Say, you wouldn't want me to "train" you up on the Mule would ya? Your TLC is going to be a very nice machine.....

;)

The technique Kind'a reminds me of Ole Fred!

I see you own a welder..Say, you wouldn't want me to "train" you up on the Mule would ya? Your TLC is going to be a very nice machine.....

Poor ole Fred!!

Haaha , I could use some more training.. But it might be a little far to go to West by God Virginia!

Thanks!!

Welding... one tack at a time.
20160904_152459.jpg
20160904_152507.jpg
20160904_152441.jpg
20160904_152434.jpg

I ordered a tire carrier and would like to thank @Redgrrr .

20161221_165701.jpg
20161221_165738.jpg
20161221_165722.jpg

There is only one problem... the blue latch that mounts outside to the rear sill is for the drivers side not passenger side.

Unless someone is seeing something different???

Yeah looks like the hook/latch is for the driver's side 75-76 carrier (think those are the years)

Yeah, after mocking it up on the 40, i realized it is for the wrong side.

Anybody got a passenger side "latch thingy that mounts on the rear sill" and "latch mechanism that mounts on the door" for sell??

Dang it, can't believe I missed that... Those are a little harder to find for the drivers side.

Just saw your wanted to buy thread as well. let me know when you find one and how much. I'll reimburse you the cost.

Apologies for the hassle...

Anybody got a passenger side "latch thingy that mounts on the rear sill" and "latch mechanism that mounts on the door" for sell??

Let me look through my "Box(es) of left overs. I may have one. If I recall, it may have a chip in it at on the tooth. Easy fix. May take a day or two to rummage around, but I'll get back with you..

Last edited:
Dang it, can't believe I missed that... Those are a little harder to find for the drivers side.

Just saw your wanted to buy thread as well. let me know when you find one and how much. I'll reimburse you the cost.

Apologies for the hassle...

Its no problem!! Thank you for the offer, but I got a fair price for the tire carrier. We are good.

If you happened to have passenger side we can trade..:)

Let me look through my "Box(es) of left overs. I may have one. If I recall, it may have a chip in at on the tooth. Easy fix. May take a day or two to rummage around, but I'll get back with you..

Thank you sir!

Making room to remove bed pan.

Removed driver fender by drillIng out lots of spot welds inside fender well and on top of bed pan.
20161105_132013.jpg
20161105_132048.jpg

Notice there is not a flange bent up on the fender top with the spot welds drilled out. My fender was so roached out in that area I just cut it all off when I took the quarter panel off.

20161105_141926.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom