Builds 1979 FJ40 Old School Overhaul (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20181116_194128.jpg
20181116_194050.jpg
20181116_193951.jpg

Thank you! Yes the 40 is the iconic 4 wheel drive and the color is quite beautiful.

I understand everyone has their own taste in things....

Not only do I like Landcruisers an Hotrods, I also LOVE WWII fighters and bombers... Corsair, P-51 Mustang, P-40 Flying Tigers, Wildcat, Hellcats, Dauntless Diver Bomber, B-24, B-25, B-29... Just to name a few!!

But when it comes to jets... I don't care one nickel for them. ;);)
We must have been separated at birth.

So glad your truck is coming together. It looks great and your work is worthy!

Earlier in my thread I installed these factory mirrors on 79 factory mirror arms.

These mirrors go on the other style of arms that mount to the body or windshield hinge.
20181117_175043.jpg

They are soo much better than the plastic ones.

I’m hoping to get some inspiration from you on how u design the jerry can holder onto your old tire carrier... and then where to put that pretty unicorn part u just installed.(license play holder.

Can u pls show me the inner quarter panel on the passenger side? Curious on how u added extra support similar to the factory tube carrier support.

Temporally mounted my tag braket on spare tire carrier...
View attachment 1834203

@joyRidaz
Here is a picture of the gas can holder I want to use. From the pictures it seems to be well built and can stand to be welded and drilled on. Until I get my hands on the holder, I wont exactly know how to build my bracket to mount it to the tire carrier.

These guys have it the cheapest I found $108
Jerry Can Mount - 5 Gallon
thumbnail.asp

Can u pls show me the inner quarter panel on the passenger side? Curious on how u added extra support similar to the factory tube carrier support.

Start at post #357.... I go through the steps on how did it.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night that we had a tough time finding a place for me to test it's off road prowess.

:bang:

Wow, looks absolutely beautiful!
Really appreciate you taking the time to share this restoration!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom