Wanted 1978 j40 PTO gear box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am looking for a PTO gear box for my 1978 BJ40 one piece transfer case so I can get my PTO winch working again. Please let me know if you know anyone. Also, if anyone has any advice on how to reinstall the PTO winch system. Thanks again.

Ty

Hello all,

I am looking for a PTO gear box for my 1978 BJ40 one piece transfer case so I can get my PTO winch working again. Please let me know if you know anyone. Also, if anyone has any advice on how to reinstall the PTO winch system. Thanks again.

Ty
I have some pto parts, to include a gear box. I got them when i was doing my build. It fits my 1966. Not sure if thats too old for ur needs

I have some pto parts, to include a gear box. I got them when i was doing my build. It fits my 1966. Not sure if thats too old for ur needs
Thanks for the reply. I found a pto box and was thinking of just fabricating the rest, but if you have the drive shaft and or the shifter lever for a good price I might be interested. Thanks again.

I know i dont have a drive shaft. As a side note, the drive shaft i had was very crooked. The drive shat shop said it would be better to replace the shaft…it was not expensive to do.

Let me see if i have a shift lever. If i di, ill send pictures

Cool do you mind telling me what size the drive shaft “diameter” is and how you replaced it? I’m a little worried about finding the right style shaft to fit the u joints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom