1978 FJ40... Come get it! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday March 18th is the day. Bring something to trade me... knives (I could use a Tom Brown Tracker T1 if you want to trade it), outdoor gear, whatever. Make me a trade, and you tow it home. As is.

I rolled this 1978 FJ40 a few years back. Has an electrical problem. The engine and drivetrain is solid, other than the front end needs new seals. Has body damage of course. I am going to throw in a few new parts I had bought from Cool Cruisers back when I had more time and was going to try to restore it. This FJ40 has the potential to be brought back from the ashes. I hate to let it go but divorce does that.

Email me if you're interested and I will let you know where and when to come get it. Has a LOT of useable parts. Engine, trans, diffs, transfer etc.... Only used the best synthetics in it.

kiteoceaneering at yahoo dot com

Email sent.

Two guys interested. The parts from Cool Cruisers include a rear quarter panel, full rear sill set that replaces the normal rusty area under the ambulance doors, and a set of new rocker panels if I remember correctly. Like I said, this is a vehicle that has the potential to be restored if you have the time and place to do it. I drove it a long time. Even if you don't restore it, in parts alone selling it off you could make a hefty profit. Whoever shows up with a Tom Brown Tracker T1 knife will have an advantage.... Saturday the 18th is the day... That's day after tomorrow. Email me for more info etc.
:popcorn:

Three guys interested. If you would rather offer me some cash, by all means bring it and I will buy my own knife. Just don't act like I don't know what I am letting go here when you email me because I am well aware of the cost of parts for the FJ40.

I really don't need to tell you what you are getting because as a Cruiserhead I am sure you have seen prices from Specter Off Road and other parts companies. The doors themselves are $800 each as a shell without glass. Try pricing a 2F engine, or axles, or transmission, or transfer case. All these things even used are very expensive. Come have a look. If you don't like what you see, or don't appreciate what you can get for your money you don't have to buy or trade.
:doh:

The FJ40 is in SAN ANTONIO, just in case there is some confusion. I am in Louisiana at the moment.

What would be the status on this Cruiser.- Thanks

It's still there. I told everyone when I would be there, sent my phone number etc and nobody called. So that means it sits there til I have a chance to go again which may not be for a month or two. There are no pictures so don't ask for any. I explained everything above. At this point instead of a knife, just give me $300.00 and it's yours if you show up with the cash. I prefer 20's ;)

It's still there. I told everyone when I would be there, sent my phone number etc and nobody called. So that means it sits there til I have a chance to go again which may not be for a month or two. There are no pictures so don't ask for any. I explained everything above. At this point instead of a knife, just give me $300.00 and it's yours if you show up with the cash. I prefer 20's ;)

PM sent

Sorry, I was out of town that weekend and this week I'm taking care of the kiddo (had surgery yesterday). Still interested, but I know that you are out of town and the timing sucks.

Edit- Sorry, I made a mistake being weary from work. It is CHRIS Gonzales, not Dave. Sorry for the mix-up!

Thank you to all who responded. After many emails, and text messages I reached an agreement with one of your fellow Cruiserheads - Chris Gonzales. If for some reason he decides not to wait for me to be able to get back to SA (I am away working right now), the vehicle will go to the next in line.

Chris, I will tell the ex-wife to see if she can uncover the extra CC quarter panel and rocker panels. I found the door sill kit for under the rear ambulance doors while I was there last. The spare is an unused 31" BFG Mud Terrain on the back swing out. Other 4 tires are BFG Muds too, but I think they are flat. I will look for a fitting to put on a scuba bottle to air them up for roll-out.

Thank you all.
:beer:

Last edited:
Sorry, I was out of town that weekend and this week I'm taking care of the kiddo (had surgery yesterday). Still interested, but I know that you are out of town and the timing sucks.

So it was your brother Chris who scored the 40? Bummer. I was looking forward to scavenging some parts when you weren't looking. :frown:

Edit- Sorry, I made a mistake being weary from work. It is CHRIS Gonzales, not Dave. Sorry for the mix-up!

Thank you to all who responded. After many emails, and text messages I reached an agreement with one of your fellow Cruiserheads - Chris Gonzales. If for some reason he decides not to wait for me to be able to get back to SA (I am away working right now), the vehicle will go to the next in line.

Chris, I will tell the ex-wife to see if she can uncover the extra CC quarter panel and rocker panels. I found the door sill kit for under the rear ambulance doors while I was there last. The spare is an unused 31" BFG Mud Terrain on the back swing out. Other 4 tires are BFG Muds too, but I think they are flat. I will look for a fitting to put on a scuba bottle to air them up for roll-out.

Thank you all.
:beer:

???? OK I thought from our emails we had a deal :frown: I guess I'll spend the money then??? if not let me know still have cash in hand

HA

???? OK I thought from our emails we had a deal :frown: I guess I'll spend the money then??? if not let me know still have cash in hand

So he played you too? He emailed me and said if I didn't want it that someone else was interested. I told him I wanted it and the next thing I know he has sold it to Dave Gonzalez. That is fine, it seems he got Dave to pony up more money. When I called him on it he said I tried to lowball him and he didnt appreciate it. HELL, he is the one who set the price, not me.

Congratulations Dave, BTW, there is no title on that rig, not sure if he shared that with you or not.....

Shocking turn of events. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous. Nobody was told they had anything, and I never 'played' anyone. Kevin you offered me $250 and acted like you were doing me a favor taking it off my hands. Your bad attitude in your TEXTS kept you from getting it. Nobody was told they were getting anything. Everyone had the right to OFFER what they wanted to give. I said $300.00 and forget trading me a knife I can get my own for $300 including shipping. I received a POLITE email from Chris Gonzales (no relation to Dave by the way) and I felt he was the person who deserved it the most.

Kevin, your TEXTS to me hem hawing about the price, wanting to look at the vehicle through the fence etc before buying is an outrage. If you're going to be a poor sport, go do it somewhere else and grow up.

PS Kevin- There is a title somewhere, and if I find it I will mail it out. I believe I stated that already. If I cannot find it, it is a simple matter to get a title for it, and I have proof I am the owner from the Tax offices.

Don't think you played me but our emails made me think we had a deal when you came back ... Day late dollar short I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom