For Sale 1974 FJ40 Resto-Mod Houston, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello fellow FJ'rs,

I am putting up for sale my 1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser. I purchased from a fellow IH8MUD member Bsquared a little over 3 years ago. Bsquared did the high majority of the resto-mod and has kindly agreed to help answer any build questions you may have that I might not be able to answer.

This resto-mod was a complete frame off project. The body has not been updated or painted over that beautiful patina. Here is a list of the updates:

The engine is a donor from a 2002 Silverado Extended Cab Truck.
5.3L 285hp Vortec V8 (LM7)
Saginaw Power Steering conversion kit.
Front and rear axles were replaced from an FJ60. So now the front brakes are disk and the rears are drum. Installed new rotors on the front axle.
Custom front bumper from Redline Cruisers
Custom back bumper from Redline Cruisers also
Front transfer case is also from a donor FJ60 (used both axles and parts due to newer on FJ60 and more durable)
Transmission is a H55 5-speed (This GOAT can climb anything) I rarely ever use 1st gear in any day to day driving. But is very useful in off-road or mud/snow conditions.
New clutch, PP and Flywheel from Summit Racing
All fuel lines are SS braided with aluminum connectors
Custom Magnaflow exhaust with 2 cats.
ARB compressor and rear locker in engine compartment.
Custom center console. With upgrade relay switches for Air compressor, Front floods and custom interior lights (LED)
CCOT (Custom Cruisers of Texas) new headliner
CCOT new roof ring, riveted to stock top.
CCOT custom matts front and back
Front seats are from a BMW 3 series. Electronic motion controls installed for both seats.
Rear bucket seat replaced the two small side seats. Can sit three comfortably and a 3 point seat belt for 2 passengers, with a lap belt for the 3rd (center). Rear seat is not installed currently, but only takes about 30 minutes to install.
Custom built 2 drawer storage system currently installed in the back. Personally built about 4 months ago. Both drawers are lockable and a hidden hinged access door accessible from the front seats. They drawer system slides are rated at 500 lbs each. Spray on liner green paint to match rig. Also, 6 anchor points on top for tie down storage.
Con-Ferr Springs all around
SOR Shackles in front
SOR Castor Correction
Brake booster and Brake Master from a 2008 4-Runner
Body was completed removed and frame sand blasted, (Rustoleum) primed and painted.
New rubber seals on doors, rear hatch on some windows
CB installed, with antenna mounted on from bumper
Radio is installed with two custom speaker boxes. But radio needs to be replaced. It works, but the main button to select station etc is stripped.
XM Radio antenna and wiring installed
New aftermarket dash pad
Added a dash starter button (Red) - Also added a hidden fuel line kill switch for when parking in sketchy areas.
Custom welded skid plate with a custom welded cross member for H55 tranny
Custom motor mounts
Exhaust manifolds from a 2014 Camaro
Oil pan also from 2014 Camaro (lower profile)
OMDII port under steering wheel. Flashed ECU to remove auto trans, fix tire size so that OMD output of MPH is accurate. Added custom OMD red light if any codes are thrown.
Wheels are 2 years old (Discount Tire). Tires are 4 months old included the spare. (Discount Tire warranty can be transferred)
All of the glass is in great shape. New windshield and gasket installed 2 years ago.
Comes with a spare gas tank (not installed) that fits perfectly behind the rear wheels
Bikini top with brackets
New lenses throughout (both back turn lenses, back side markers and front side markers)
Brand new rear Bilstein shocks in rear (525's)
Restored heater core
Custom lightable gear shifter (matching colors to FJ)
Front bezel actually installed correctly (LOL)
Over $24k in hardware upgrades (All receipts in hand)

Things that need repair or attention:
There are 4 rust spots on the vehicle. 1. Front left fender (crescent shaped, 1.25" wide) 2. Below door air vent left side (circular, 1.5" wide) 3. Right rear ambulance door at the base 4. Front panel below bezel (nickel sized)
Odometer does not work. Spedo works perfectly though.
The lock for the rear door window does not lock. I have a brand new lock and hardware, just not installed yet.

Price: $26,000 (New price as of 8-8-17 - $23,500)

Below are a bunch of pictures, but if there is a specific view you would like just ask.

Feel free to send me an IM here or send me an email to: bendorblakeATgmailDOTcom with any questions.

1974FJ40-Front Best.jpg

1974FJ40-Left Side.jpg

1974FJ40-Front Right.jpg

1974FJ40-Rear Right.jpg

1974FJ40-Interior Right.jpg

Last edited:
More pix

1974FJ40-Drawer System Close.jpg

1974FJ40-Drawer System.jpg

1974FJ40-Engine Side.jpg

1974FJ40-Hood Patina.jpg

1974FJ40-Right Hood.jpg

Additional Pix

1974FJ40-Right Side.jpg

1974FJ40-Right Door.jpg

1974FJ40-Left Side2.jpg

1974FJ40-Left Door.jpg

1974FJ40-Engine Front.jpg

Rust issues

1974FJ40-Left Vent Rust.jpg

1974FJ40-Left Fender rust.jpg

1974FJ40-9.jpg

bump - and appreciate any feedback.

I hope your doing ok down there and weathering the storm safely.

Thanks so much AKAIE15 - I live about 40NW of Houston and we got over 30" rain here. I have a "new" river running through the property, but the house and workshop are all dry and safe. Wish I could say the same for the rest of Houston, It is a complete disaster just 30 miles away.

I kept the FJ inside the garage nice and safe :)

Some amazing people down here in the South - more volunteers than the shelters know what to do with. This is going to take a LOT of time to get back to "normal".

We had a storm last night here in detroit and there were several flooded roads. One area that I went through had about 16" of standing water. Two cars stalled in it. It was a minor disaster locally. When compared to pictures of Houston it was stark what a real storm can do. Ours was nothing comparatively.

You have a nice truck. Glws.

The news reported tonight that there are over 30,000 abandoned cars throughout the city. That number just blows my mind. Crazy!

Again, thanks AKAIE15 for your warm thoughts and wishes! Much appreciated.

BUMP - Priced reduced to $23,500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom