1973 FJ55 lots of good parts (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zuluzeugma

SILVER Star
Threads
For Various reasons, I am parting out my FJ55. It was in perfect running condition before I started tearing it down. I just know from the looks of the body, I wouldn't get crap for it as a whole rig.

The body is shot... It had rust before I got it and its been rolled twice in its life.

Big things for sale:

Chasis with legit title
Webber 38/38
Propane setup (Impco 225/ and Impco E evap. everything down to the tank straps)
HEI dist.
FJ62 Power Steering setup (If I can't get a good price, I'm keeping those)
Running 1F
Decent 4 speed
T-case (4-speed) (needs rebuilt)
FJ55 springs with greaseable 3/4" grade 8 spring pins and newish poly bushings
I've got a front Square Drive Shaft with a Double Cardan also.

I probably should have posted in for sale, but this is a good start... If you don't see something you need, let me know.

All price are "make offer", but I'm not in a rush so I'm not going to give the stuff away.

All parts located in Longview, TX.

I prefer email over PM's: joshstralow (at) gmail (dot) com.

For all those that are sad that I'm ditching this rig, have faith. I will be back with a much better rig in the next 12-24 months depending on what the economy does. FJ40 with 2FE, SM420, Toybox, Split case, FJ60 axles with links and coils.

Last edited:
dude...that hurts, where's the love for the pigs

:flipoff2:

I know, I know... If it wasn't so dang hard to find one that wasn't so effing rusted out, I might consider it again. To be honest, I want something I can take the roof off (TX blows)

This could help you with the roof problem on your pig:

sawzall_large.jpg

I posted in the 55 section, but thought I'd do it here as well.
I am looking for the threaded line and fitting on the fuel tank, don't need much length on the line...more important to get the threaded portion.
A;lso looking for the inner tailgate side rubber parts or runners that the glass sits in when down. There is a metal track and this material sits in the runner.

PM me if you have either and what you want for it.

Goebs

Updated list of major items. As a side note, I think the motor is the transition year.

Tailgate spring and connecting rods

Do you have the spring that runs underneath the tailgate (attached to the sill) that gives resistance to the weight of the tailgate. I'm looking for it and all attached parts. Thanks--

Richie

Regarding that FJ62 Power steering. Can you send me some pictures of that setup? Close up? I'm about to do that to my pig and would like some reference pics. Good luck with the sale!!
Thx
Pat

Hi,

I'm going to need power steering for my 73 FJ55. Can you send some pics and info on the set-up and what you want for everything that has to do with the power steering set-up on your rig. Sorry, about the rust. Even here in Arizona the pigs rust.

how much for the T-case?

Won't be worth it to ship across America

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom