For Sale 1973 FJ40 Frame/Body/Chassis w/ good steering gear - Augusta, GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1973 FJ40 roller with motor. Has a good steering gear. Roll bar and windshield frame have no rot. Hood is pretty good with exception of one gash and a few holes at above the kick panels. Newer front end with disc brakes and steering column. Most switches present, some wiring. 1.5F motor behind it. $999. Cross-listed on eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This FJ40 is a Holey Roller. I planned on rebuilding it and had removed the front fenders, but Hurricane Irma dropped some branches on it that go beyond my capabilities in body work (see the gash in the hood). The truck was blasted and primed, and the Hurricane got it somewhat wet so Eastwood Rust Encapsulator was used on the surface rust that presented after the cover was blown off. The original inline-6 and transmission are included, but have been exposed to the elements and their mechanical condition is unknown. The body and chassis have rust/rot damage (see pictures or ask for specific pictures). The jumpseat (that I could not remove) is eaten through. I can't speak to the road-worthiness of the vehicle, ergo it is being sold as-is. The drag-link end broke, so you'll need either a new one or a breaker bar to steer the cruiser. The steering gear seems to be working fine, but I don't know about the rest of the steering components. I removed the front springs because both were bad.

Vehicle Sold As-is

1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 "Holey Roller" rolling chassis with inline-6 motor. I make no representation of the mechanical condition of the motor. It is not currently registered in Georgia and the vehicle will be sold as a parts vehicle with a bill of sale and no VIN plate or title.

The front end has been replaced with a later model and has disc brakes. The steering column looks to have been replaced with a newer model's column. The steering gear is good.

The motor is out of the vehicle and you will likely need and engine hoist to pick it up and get it in/on your truck. I make no representation as to the existence of any other parts as included with the vehicle, nor their operational condition.

zombie. no way that is alive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom