Builds 1973 FJ40 Build Thread- Miami (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, but how does the cruiser run (purr)? ;)

Amazing resto. Seriously. Is this your first cruiser resto?
Drums amazing took her 50 mph down US1 drove very very nice:

actually my 3rd I had a 74, and a 67a few years back, I restore Chevys and VW and got bored of both of them so decided to build another Toyota!

Nice truck! Those windshield hooks will need to be clearanced to be able to swing back far enough to catch the windshield.
I just ran into that clearance issue yesterday. Bought new OEM hooks, but they don't swing far enough to reach the windshield. What's the deal? I thought I got the wrong ones, but they're supposed to fit pretty much all years FJ40. I was thinking about filing the slot (clearance) so they'll work but didn't want to do that if I was going to return them. Is this common? Thanks!

I just ran into that clearance issue yesterday. Bought new OEM hooks, but they don't swing far enough to reach the windshield. What's the deal? I thought I got the wrong ones, but they're supposed to fit pretty much all years FJ40. I was thinking about filing the slot (clearance) so they'll work but didn't want to do that if I was going to return them. Is this common? Thanks!
CCOT sells some that swing all the way

I believe they changed when the wipers moved to the bottom. The '73 has these:

1667254757279.png

But as @wngrog says ccot has the modified later style that will also work.

1667254875492.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom