Wanted 1972 FJ40 Front Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a decent set of used front seats for a 1972 FJ40. Original bench seat style would be nice but would also consider later bucket seats.

Preferably somewhat local to Chattanooga, TN. Would consider freight depending on price.

596F84BB-9547-4961-B2B4-DC11623D60B0.jpeg

@Toler has a great deal on a pair of nice 73 seats

post a new thread looking for seats and I'll see what pops up
Thanks Gents… I’ve got a post up now searching for seats. Would appreciate any and all leads. Thanks!!

Maybe someone can educate me on front seats; were they the same style from 73-78? What was the deal w/ headrests? Optional? Year specific? Thanks!

Tom

didnt see the post but here's one, newer year tho

didnt see the post but here's one, newer year tho
Thanks! Actually been talking to him. Trouble is they are in NY and I’m in MT. But not out of the question… thanks!

Tom

Thanks Gents… I’ve got a post up now searching for seats. Would appreciate any and all leads. Thanks!!

Maybe someone can educate me on front seats; were they the same style from 73-78? What was the deal w/ headrests? Optional? Year specific? Thanks!

Tom

The head rest changed 9/75. Spacing and post are the same just a different style. Earlier were a rarer option which makes them harder find. Some thing in the seats changed 6/76. Mounting to the tub is the same. But how the seat bottom and back bolt together changed. Found that out years ago when I tried to change the back from a set I have with the bottom in my 2/73 FJ40. Do see a change again 3/77 but those show as sub for the 6/76. Unless you know the manufacturer date of both bottom and back would not try to put a set together from parts.

The head rest changed 9/75. Spacing and post are the same just a different style. Earlier were a rarer option which makes them harder find. Some thing in the seats changed 6/76. Mounting to the tub is the same. But how the seat bottom and back bolt together changed. Found that out years ago when I tried to change the back from a set I have with the bottom in my 2/73 FJ40. Do see a change again 3/77 but those show as sub for the 6/76. Unless you know the manufacturer date of both bottom and back would not try to put a set together from parts.
Good to know. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom