1972 FJ40 carburetor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I am currently living in Kenya. Six months ago I bought a 1972 FJ40, 4 speed, 3.8l engine (I think this makes it an F?). I had the bodywork and wiring all overhauled. When I got the car back, it had problems idling. The mechanic bought a carburetor kit and changed the jets etc on the carburetor, which didn't help. He thinks the carburetor which was on the car was not original; and has fitted a carb which he had on his Dodge Ram Charger while he looks for a replacement carb for me.

I have been looking online for possible purchases, but I only seem to be able to find the carb for the 2F. Will this fit and work with the F engine? I am just learning about this kind of stuff, so any advice which you can give me would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

You will find the best solution, the one that will require the least amount of modifications, is to stick with stock. SOR will be your best bet (www.sor.com) as not only do they stock the carb, but they are familiar with international shipping. I also offer carbs, but don't deal in international shipping.

Best

Mark A.

www.marksoffroad.net

You will find the best solution, the one that will require the least amount of modifications, is to stick with stock. SOR will be your best bet (www.sor.com) as not only do they stock the carb, but they are familiar with international shipping. I also offer carbs, but don't deal in international shipping.

Best

Mark A.

www.marksoffroad.net
X2 XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom