1970 Cluster is an absolute cluster... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

This is my first post and hope I'm in the right spot!. I'm recently the second owner to a 1970 fj45 Ute in Australia and it is very close to being a complete original. The dash cluster has been disabled with aftermarket gauges added so I have been working through the wiring and tracing down the ones that have been cut and fixing as I go. I thought I could just get a new sender unit and fuel gauge but have realized I got a sender unit for mid 70's and a gauge for 79' which are not compatible that I found out the hard way. The original gauge was still in the cluster but i have now noticed looking at other threads the orginal gauge should probably be a two bolt one and the one in there was 3 bolts with the middle/top with the hole being drilled in afterwards by the old owner. There are no serial numbers on the gauge so is there a way to find out which sender unit it would match to?

20230112_152143.jpg

Welcome to Mud.
Cool looking truck! I don’t have the answer about your gauges, but your bezel is upside down. Or is that because you are down under?😁
Im sure someone will be along with an solution.

Welcome to Mud.
Cool looking truck! I don’t have the answer about your gauges, but your bezel is upside down. Or is that because you are down under?😁
Im sure someone will be along with an solution.
Haha is it? I have no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom