1964 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is one of my projects that are on the back burner, I am interested in finding information on axles if I should stay with the ones I have and convert to disc or if I should find somthing diferent any info would be appreciated thank you

Depends on what your going to do... The ball and claw drum is far from desired from a wheeling stand point. It certainly does the job but for moderate wheeling you'll want discs with birfs. From a resto standpoing it'll be desired to stick with original. Light wheeling it'll be fine.

All depends on where you want to end up...

it will definatly be for moderate wheeling and some daily driving I want to run 315s on it eventualy

I got pretty rough on some ball and claw and they held up fine. I would deffend the drums even more. I was all ready to make that my first mod but the trail I was running had a water crossing followed by a steep bank and I never had an issue with the drums not stopping me on a dime! If you can though I would swap those axels with birfs, with 35s you'll have issues just noting that with 31s I was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom