1964 FC-170 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn’t know there was a jeep section on here, weird.

I recently bought this Fc-170, the only jeep I have ever really wanted.

06063A4A-0B6A-4C13-AEFD-032F338CCE22.jpeg

It’s a super hurricane flathead 6 with the 4 speed t98 and a Ramsey PTO winch. Everything is there besides the bed (which I didn’t want anyways).

Plan is to get it Mobile before winter sets in. Have the seats redone, preserve the patina, and build a flatbed for it. Does not look like it will take much to get it going. The motor was “just gone through” before it was parked in a farm field 30 years ago. The guy I got it from also said he just put new tires on it, date code looks to be 1987.

I didn’t know there was a jeep section on here, weird.

I recently bought this Fc-170, the only jeep I have ever really wanted.

View attachment 2806766

It’s a super hurricane flathead 6 with the 4 speed t98 and a Ramsey PTO winch. Everything is there besides the bed (which I didn’t want anyways).

Plan is to get it Mobile before winter sets in. Have the seats redone, preserve the patina, and build a flatbed for it. Does not look like it will take much to get it going. The motor was “just gone through” before it was parked in a farm field 30 years ago. The guy I got it from also said he just put new tires on it, date code looks to be 1987.
Any progress on this beauty?

Any progress on this beauty?
A little - funny you asked, I just got a call from the upholstery shop that my seats are done!

I did get it running before winter started. Ran good enough to spend some money on a pertronix kit and a few other things. Have not had time to install that yet, but I will get to it shortly.

Picked this up 2 days ago, so now I have 2 old project trucks and the same amount of time on my hands... Lol

F31D3A92-8647-4CF2-82AC-B6B20391C2DB.jpeg

Was that '77 the good deal it appeared to be? Nice taste in trucks.

Pretty certain there is identical model jeep next to body shop where my Pig is in Grand Junction. I will snag some pics next time I am there. Its nowhere as nice as yours and someone has ventilated the front windshield.

Was that '77 the good deal it appeared to be? Nice taste in trucks.
I would say so. Most I have ever spent on a vehicle before, but the chance does not come up often and the truck is solid. Looked exactly as it did in the pictures and the seller was great. I'm no 40 series expert, but the rust is isolated and in the typical easy to fix areas. I looked it over and put about 40 miles so far, keeps running better and better!

Pretty certain there is identical model jeep next to body shop where my Pig is in Grand Junction. I will snag some pics next time I am there. Its nowhere as nice as yours and someone has ventilated the front windshield.
These trucks are interesting. They were never very common, but certain areas have a lot of them. Grand junction is one of those areas. The other hot spots seem to be upstate NY, Maine, central Wisconsin, and northern Montana. My guess is the area dealer had a really good salesman… just about every one that is out of those areas came from one originally.

Illinois and Michigan also had a lot of them, but most of those have become part of the ground again.

Bump, any updates on this pimp mobile? :grinpimp: :grinpimp:
Not much... I did move it around a bit, but other projects are in the way at the moment. I have been using it as a snow gauge for the record breaking storm we had 2 weeks ago. Its under some trees, so it didn't get the full 4'

897B598C-2A9A-4C05-B551-A224B0D22767.jpeg

79130454-6FDA-482B-B7CB-50AA721F0EF3.jpeg

99B03CAA-D096-4D12-B82B-76F711DC1B45.jpeg

6CB216FF-6419-4C72-A006-443D03E97005.jpeg

1BF25A2E-0A15-4612-9F47-7DA997614A60.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom