1963 fj40 FST tub in great shape (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
won't need this anymore so it need to find a good home. this came off a bone stock 63 factory soft top cruiser that has spent its' entire life in northern CA. tub is in great shape, un-molested, un-cut fenders, no cancer, rear sill is in excellent shape, some mild surface rust due to the paint fading away but absolutely no bubbles, no holes, no cancer,....you get the picture. floors are in excellent condition as well. includes windshield frame and uncut shifter tunnel.

located in stockton CA. asking $1k but open to trades.

here's a list of things i could use:

complete pair of fj60 axles
38mm split case
th700 to split case adapter
disc brake outers
set of 35-37" tires in excellent condition
15" 6 lug beadlock wheels in excellent condition
shop equipment

i'll post pics next week. i should be able to transport this to the los angeles area in about a month for some gas money but otherwise you'd have to come get it or arrange pickup. i will not ship this thing.

edit: i'm only selling the tub and parts listed above. this does not include the frame, title, front sheetmetal, axles,powertrain,.......... just the tub and associated parts.

Last edited:
here's a crumy pic of a 45 year old tub.,.........
IM000324.jpg

Georg,

Does this have a front clip? I might be interested, like I need another project.

I would like to see pics.

Tony

i edited the first post. thanks for the replies.

I would be interested in some more pictures. Plus all the parts that go with it.

This is kind of a strange one. Barns doors on a early soft top. The only other one I know of is Phil's FJ25 from South America. Also has the later style latches for the windshield. I didn't think this changed until 64.

I would also be interested in the early tail lights if your going to sell them.

John

hey guys.
here are some more pics. the tail gate had me stumped also; fairly uncommon.

john, if you want the tub, i'll include the tail lights and brackets; they're in good shape but one lense needs to be replaced iirc.

i could bring the tub to Los Angeles during the weekend of july 12th since i'll be there for gene's FJ35LV resurection.
IM000321.jpg
IM000322.jpg
IM000323.jpg

i'll throw in the early gauge cluster for any mudder as well. ;)

i can take more pics this coming week if anybody wants to see something the pics don't show......
IM000324.jpg
IM000325.JPG
IM000326.jpg

some front floor pics:

( the scaly looking stuff onder the tank on the passenger side is dirt that i did'nt scrape off. it's not rust! )
IM000347.jpg
IM000348.jpg
IM000349.jpg

pto, winch, trans and t-case stuff:
IM000350.jpg
IM000351.jpg

and the rear floor. there is a very slight "depression" in the center of the floor that's roughly 3/8" deep. it's an even/smooth dent, no sharp edges, no damage to the body lines/contours,....... should be very easy to push out. i know nothing about bodywork so i'd rather let the buyer know about it and let them fix it.

besides, some yellow jackets have decided that the bottom of a cruiser tub makes a great new home so i was'nt about to climb underneith the rig. hence, no shots of the underside. but the rest of the pics should give you a pretty good idea of the condition of the tub.

imho, this is by far the cleanest unrestored early tub i have come across. no BS!:cool:
IM000352.jpg
IM000353.jpg

This a late 63 by my guess if the tranny came from this cruiser. Later style tranfer too. That PTO unit won't work on the early one. Do you happen to have the bib for this cruiser. Chances are it would of had the Toyota emblem in the grill and not the LAND CRUISER bezel. The switch happened sometime during 63 63 had alot of changes all year. No mather what part of 63 this is from it looks like it's in great shape.

John

it had the stamped bezel but that's long gone.......

Georg,

Is the windshield frame for sale? I am in need of one for a new project :grinpimp:

hey tony.
thanks for the reply. somebody else has dibs right now on all the body parts. i will know more in a week or so. what year windshield do you need? i have a couple more at the shop.........

That would be a 67 vintage frame, Georg. (look at sig line, top secret, no pics yet!!)

Wow...nice :cool:

Wish I was closer, but I also have a couple things going on, so, just in case, please let me know if John passes on those tailights and brackets (could really use those, but John does have dibs :))...:hmm: might be interested in those short running boards as well.

Thanks

well, i think it's sold. i will post up when i know 100% for sure. the new owner wants to keep it to make a complete vehicle and not part it out but you guys are welcome to hit him up for parts. as of right now, no parts off this rig are for sale.

tony, i heard rumors about your new project. congrats bud! i'll see if i have a 67 ws frame for you........;)

Good to know that it went to someone who knows what he is doing. I put out the work on those early taillight brackets, so we'll see if things hopefully work out.

George, if they don't, then please let me know if you find any very early 40 taillight brackets that are designed for the 25 light.

Thanks

Thanks Georg, I will be waiting with anticipation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom